Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1072
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by SPython View Post
    I need to set a global min-width for Zencart so that icon images are displayed no fewer than four to a line (except for mobile devices). I am using the Responsive Classic and presumed the entry for this would be in the mainWrapper line of stylesheet.css . Setting a pixel width there has no effect on the main site. Resizing the browser to a narrow width creates odd overlaps and white space - which is why I wish to restrict this width for the client. So where should the min-width for the page be set
    I always work towards fluid rather than fixed website designs, which usually means specifying % values for divs and em's for text rather than pixels or other units in css. As a result, my responsive design tends to be somewhat different to the Responsive Classic, as it allows negative margins and other amazing trickery.

I tend to construct multi-tiered divs to put things into, beginning with a div 100% width of the parent div, which is then subdivided into smaller divs of equal width 1/2 = 50%, 1/3 = 33%, 1/4 = 25%, 1/5 = 20% etc width of their parent div, which is usually controlled by a particular media css attribute that can also specify a minimum and/or maximum pixel width of the div. Float left or right controls the packing or pushing of the divs. Such design provides the basis for centrally placing an image within a div of variable % width of the parent div and then stacking one or more captions beneath the image in separate divs, all controlled by css.

The body css attribute is also used to specify the minimum and/or maximum pixel widths of the overall website.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

I just wanted to ask about a weird thing happing with my web site.

When i enable the header serach box I also get a small search box displayed in the top right column as well.

When I turn off the header search box, both the header search and RHS search box dissapears.

Any idea of how to fix the issue to stop the little search box appearing?

This is independant of the "real" column search box. :)

Many Thanks,
    Les :)

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  17.7 KB

Plugin Contributions

I'm new to the responsive classic template. In the desktop view, I'd like to switch to the mobile view if the browser window is smaller than say 750 px. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?
    Thank you.
    zc1.5.8a

Plugin Contributions

Many people are using scaling. Some use 125% (Win10 default), others even 175% at their little tiny 4K screens.

The problem I have with responsive_classic is the proportions become all wrong as soon scaling is used. The main container width remains while inner content is being scaled.
    I'm styling at a large FHD screen with 100% scaling.

When using my Win 10 17" Workstation with 4K screen the default scaling is set to 250%

I compared to other shops which behave different. They scale everything (not only the inner content) and keep the content 1:1.
    My Zen-Cart Vespa Shop.
    GDPR compliant Webhosting in Germany.

Plugin Contributions

Was the Important Links sidebox from the old barebones template in 1.5.4 and earlier removed in the responsive classic template? It is mentioned under the responsive classic template at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/ezpages/ezpages_display/ but I don't see it in Admin > Tools > Layout Box Controller

Was it renamed to More Information? https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/sideboxes/sidebox_list/

I am playing around with 1.5.8a

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixodaros View Post
    Was the Important Links sidebox from the old barebones template in 1.5.4 and earlier removed in the responsive classic template? It is mentioned under the responsive classic template at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/ezpages/ezpages_display/ but I don't see it in Admin > Tools > Layout Box Controller

Was it renamed to More Information? https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/sideboxes/sidebox_list/

I am playing around with 1.5.8a
    It's still there, the ezpages sidebox. That sidebox needs to be enabled (and your site needs to have EZ-Pages defined) for the sidebox to display.

Plugin Contributions

On an old site the contents of the custom pages were stored directly under public_html. Where are ez-pages and their configuration files on the file system currently?

Plugin Contributions

It looks like the database-only update successfully imported the EZ-Pages, so I could go in to the admin interface and make them visible with the Layout Boxes Controller tool. Now I am trying to figure out what the old LOGO_SIDEBOX_IMAGE from barebones template corresponds to in the new responsive classic template

Plugin Contributions

it doesn't correspond to any stock sidebox. Logo Sidebox is an old plugin to display a logo in a sidebox. https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=265
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Humh, I will see if I can find traces of that plugin, it seems one which is mostly modifications to preexisting files.

On Desktop, I see the EZ-Pages sidebox as Important links with links to the two custom pages (Medieval Brooch Manufacturing and Riveting- How To). But on a mobile device when I click Important Links I see EZPages, Privacy Notice, Shared, Zen Cart (none of them being the two custom pages). So the sidebox is being sourced differently in desktop layout and Mobile layout.

I will have to dig around to find out where the mobile version is coming from and how to edit it.