Page 32 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    When I do an "inspect" on my free shipping icon I do indeed see

img {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: auto;
    border: 0;
    }
    Be careful of altering this... you may be tempted to do this:

Code:
    img {
        width: 75px;
        height: 50px;
    }
    This will have a GLOBAL result. You need to nail down the CLASS (or perhaps its an ID) of the element in question, then write a block of css that declares ONLY for that element.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

In:-

tpl_product_info_display the block of code for the free shipping icon is:
    PHP Code:
    <!--bof free ship icon  -->
    <?php if(zen_get_product_is_always_free_shipping($products_id_current) && $flag_show_product_info_free_shipping) { ?>
    <div id="freeShippingIcon"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_FREE_SHIPPING_ICON?></div>
    <?php ?>
    <!--eof free ship icon  -->
    So there is an ID for the icon - #freeShippingIcon

Now... you need to declare a style for this ID and its associated image:

Code:
    #freeShippingIcon img {height:94; width:54;}
    ADD THIS declaration to just UNDER
    Code:
    img {
    }
    in responsive css file
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

PS... mobile does not like absolute dimensions in the css - such as "94" and "54" - because of the wide variety of screens on all the myriad of hand-helds out there.

Use of % is strongly recommended - so what you might like to try is working out how large you'd like the image, relative to the page, then try some % parameters. This may or may not work.

You could also try the following:

#freeShippingIcon img {
    max-width: 94;
    }

(I'm not sure if there is a css command "max-height" - if there is, you can try applying it as well.)
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Why is Responsive Classic so slow on tablets and iphones (marginally slower on desktop)? If I use Classic Original, product pages load 4-5 times faster than if I use the Responsive design. I would like to use Responsive, but I can't convince myself that it is the right thing to do because of speed issues.

Any insight would be appreciated. I'm running 1.5.5d in both my live and test shop. The test shop is ran in a shared SSL environment whereas the live is SSL but only for critical pages like login, logout, etc.
    Last edited by mikeel100; 11 Jan 2017 at 07:51 PM. Reason: My specs

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    In:-

tpl_product_info_display the block of code for the free shipping icon is:
    PHP Code:
    <!--bof free ship icon  -->
    <?php if(zen_get_product_is_always_free_shipping($products_id_current) && $flag_show_product_info_free_shipping) { ?>
    <div id="freeShippingIcon"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_FREE_SHIPPING_ICON?></div>
    <?php ?>
    <!--eof free ship icon  -->
    So there is an ID for the icon - #freeShippingIcon

Now... you need to declare a style for this ID and its associated image:

Code:
    #freeShippingIcon img {height:94; width:54;}
    ADD THIS declaration to just UNDER
    Code:
    img {
    }
    in responsive css file
    Great, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikeel100 View Post
    Why is Responsive Classic so slow on tablets and iphones (marginally slower on desktop)? If I use Classic Original, product pages load 4-5 times faster than if I use the Responsive design. I would like to use Responsive, but I can't convince myself that it is the right thing to do because of speed issues.

Any insight would be appreciated. I'm running 1.5.5d in both my live and test shop. The test shop is ran in a shared SSL environment whereas the live is SSL but only for critical pages like login, logout, etc.
    What do you mean by slow?
    Using these online speed testers testers my Responsive Classic 1.5.5d with full SSL the desktop loads in 1.5/1.8 seconds and mobile in 2.5/3.2 seconds.
    if you use, for example, https://tools.pingdom.com/ it gives you clues where you are slow

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply and tip on the speed test site but I do not need a site to tell or show me something that is already obvious.

My ISP speed test is off the charts....

My tablet memory is not an issue....

Desktop runs lightening fast....

A product info page in responsive takes 8-10 seconds to load on samsung android while the same page in my custom classic only takes 2-3 seconds. I have applied all the speed up recommendations to both live and test shops and all other configurations are identical...except that the test shop is full shared ssl. Changing the link to non ssl does not change a thing...still slow.

Again, tablet and iPhone speeds are terrible in responsive. Does anyone know why? Cache method?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikeel100 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and tip on the speed test site but I do not need a site to tell or show me something that is already obvious.

My ISP speed test is off the charts....

My tablet memory is not an issue....

Desktop runs lightening fast....

A product info page in responsive takes 8-10 seconds to load on samsung android while the same page in my custom classic only takes 2-3 seconds. I have applied all the speed up recommendations to both live and test shops and all other configurations are identical...except that the test shop is full shared ssl. Changing the link to non ssl does not change a thing...still slow.

Again, tablet and iPhone speeds are terrible in responsive. Does anyone know why? Cache method?

Thanks.
    if you use, for example, https://tools.pingdom.com/ it gives you clues where you are slow

Plugin Contributions

Default Changing size of quantity box

I've been working on this for a couple of days. The quantity box is vary large and even worse in the mobile view and if I use the grid plugin, it's even worse.
    I've tried changing the settings in a couple of files that were suggested in another forum but nothing is working. I've also tried to change it in admin configuration.

Any thoughts as to how to make the quantity box smaller. I thought it would be easy.
    You can see the issue on my test site http://spminiatures.com/storetest2/i...th=189_196_197
    The test link is the template that's not using the grid plugin.

Any ideas? I've run out of them

Carol

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing size of quantity box

Quote Originally Posted by spminis View Post
    I've been working on this for a couple of days. The quantity box is vary large and even worse in the mobile view and if I use the grid plugin, it's even worse.
    I've tried changing the settings in a couple of files that were suggested in another forum but nothing is working. I've also tried to change it in admin configuration.

Any thoughts as to how to make the quantity box smaller. I thought it would be easy.
    You can see the issue on my test site http://spminiatures.com/storetest2/i...th=189_196_197
    The test link is the template that's not using the grid plugin.

Any ideas? I've run out of them

Carol
    The width is controlled in the stylesheet.css ".list-input input[type=text]" ca. line 316, you could change this.
    You need to check if the class .list-input is used anywhere else on your site for size of input boxes!

Page 32 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast