Page 34 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

I'm still trying to figure this out. I have a test site and can't seem to make the product listing page look correct. The listings are not lining up under the row headings. I have a test site and a page to look at is http://spminiatures.com/storetest2/i...ndex&cPath=391

If I switch to classic green, it looks fine.

Thanks
    Carol

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spminis View Post
    I'm still trying to figure this out. I have a test site and can't seem to make the product listing page look correct. The listings are not lining up under the row headings. I have a test site and a page to look at is http://spminiatures.com/storetest2/i...ndex&cPath=391

Thanks
    Carol
    Those row headings are just clickable filters allowing you to sort by either product-name or price.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spminis View Post

Thanks
    Carol
    You will need to add some info to the php page that presents the data.
    If you do an inspect on the page, you'll see that the header is provided by the productListing-rowheading which lumps all info into that div. Conversely, if you look at the productListing-odd (or -even), you'll note that they have divs for list-image, -price, and -input. If you add similar the list-image and list-price to the php inside the productListing-rowheading div, you can then adjust them to match the lineup called in the productListing-odd or -even.
    The file is the product-listing file in yoursite/includes/modules/responsive_classic/.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You will need to add some info to the php page that presents the data.
    If you do an inspect on the page, you'll see that the header is provided by the productListing-rowheading which lumps all info into that div. Conversely, if you look at the productListing-odd (or -even), you'll note that they have divs for list-image, -price, and -input. If you add similar the list-image and list-price to the php inside the productListing-rowheading div, you can then adjust them to match the lineup called in the productListing-odd or -even.
    The file is the product-listing file in yoursite/includes/modules/responsive_classic/.
    I appreciate the help but when I look at the page I have no idea what to do.
    Thanks anyway.
    Carol

Plugin Contributions

I am upgrading from v1.5.4 to v1.5.5d This will be new install from scratch (Just getting info together now- haven’t started.)
    My questions:
    (1) Is there a list of folders and files that are supposed to be included in this built-in responsive_classic template? I do not see it listed separately in the plugins. (of course because it is now built-in)
    I read the ‘what’s new’ and other docs for the upgrade that come with the ZC download, but that has a list of every file in the cart. I just want a list of the built-in files used in the ‘responsive_classic template’. Where can I find it?
    If I have a list of the files I can create a copy offline and work with it to create my styles.

And if that does not work then...
    (2) From what I have gathered from reading this post, if I use the clone program method, it clones it and puts the new file on the server merged into the Zen cart. Correct? I want to know if I can download just the template portion of the clone and save on my computer? (may be a Question for their post?)

I need a clone copy of the built-in responsive_classic template so I will have a master file of the this new template. (Then I can make and play with different styles to see what I want my site to look like)
    I want to keep the look and colors I have on my site now. I am currently using the Responsive Classic Contemporary Green template.
    ( site is: a r t s a l e s . n e t / g a l l e r y )
    The way the new responsive_classic css code is written in the 1.5.5d is so hard for me to read and find the code I need. It is written in a ‘one long run-on sentence’ style rather than in portrait paragraph/lines style like our old css files.

I wanted to cleanup my stylesheet anyway since I have been using ZC for 12 years now and have just kept adding styles on (I don’t even use many of them now)– and keeping notes of my changes. That is all out the window now as I cannot compare the old style sheet with the new responsive one…and everything is different …so using WinMerge is out.

and..
    (3) is there a demo online somewhere so one can see what this new one is supposed to look like?

thanks in advance for any help…

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

I don't use responsive classic, because I prefer the freedom to write code within the zen cart CSS rules with my own CSS rules and I found responsive classic to be a little clunky. I'd suggest you are looking at the minified CSS file for responsive classic as well. If you know what your doing you should be able to take the template_default originally written years ago and update it with your own HTML5 and CSS3 rules to make it a responsive template. I have a template that already does this and is written for various screen sizes which I use as a base for all new Zen Cart projects.
    Last edited by Nick1973; 6 Feb 2017 at 09:35 AM. Reason: HTMLS5 and CSS3 - 5 and 3 added
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I found something strange with href link.
    I put the Featured products on the main page and the "hand" pointer is shown when the mouse is over the
    gray box of the featured product. When pressed on the price number for example or under, no page is being redirected to.
    Please try: My site

Plugin Contributions

hello,

I really love the look of responsive classic. I am trying to make the move from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5d. Instead of a upgrade I am doing a complete rebuild of the site using the newest version .

Before I attempt this however. I installed the newest version to a different domain i own to test out my plugins and customizing responsive classic to look as much like my old site as possible ( at least the default desktop version )

My old site is www.missingcord.com and the test area is http://www.salvagecrate.com/ .
    By using the includes/templates/responsive_classic/css/stylesheet_colors.css I can see how to edit many of the colors of text. But for the life of me , i can't find the line for changing the top dark grey color. What am i missing ? Is it on a different CSS file ?

Plugin Contributions

Move #navMainWrapper, from line 26 in stylesheet_colors.css to a new line and set the new background color?

Plugin Contributions

Two things --
    One that I think is priority is using the clone a template mod by lat9 to create a copy of the responsive classic. You'll always have a fall back if you mess up the new one.
    The second is to try the Responsive Color Changes mod to better sort out the colors.
    Better control and better when it's upgrade time again.

Page 34 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast