Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by flashy275 View Post
    Just searched wampserver security & found this ...
    Anyone with knowledge on this who can advise, maybe it's just the dinosaur in me or am i just paranoid?
    Don't run your live site on Windows.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Don't run your live site on Windows.
    I only want to test the site at this stage & do slight mods on my system, it's been some time since I worked with ZC but when I did in the past I always worked locally & once finished upload to server.

From my understanding now, no one does this anymore.

Plugin Contributions

Your understanding is incorrect; this is in fact a good practice.
    You do not need to worry excessively about locking down your local WAMP installation, assuming your router blocks inbound traffic, you have a firewall, etc.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Brill thanks, I can get on with my project now.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    The side-boxes for specific devices in v1.5.5 Responsive Classic are controlled by CSS.

Open these 3 files:
    /includes/templates/responsive_classic/css/responsive_default.css
    /includes/templates/responsive_classic/css/responsive_mobile.css
    /includes/templates/responsive_classic/css/responsive_tablet.css

The responsive_default.css file manipulates the side-boxes for all devices if a UA (User-Agent) is not detected.

The responsive_mobile.css & responsive_tablet.css files manipulates the side-boxes for specific devices if a UA (User-Agent) is detected

Each file will have code that starts with:
    Code:
    /*bof side-boxes*/
    /* ADD { display:none;visibility:hidden; } to Hide Side-Box */
    /* LEAVE BLANK {  } to Show Side-Box */
    Take a look at the CSS and how the stock side-boxes are handled.
    Hi

I have tried this method in order to get the categories sidebox to display in mobile view. In desktop responsive view it works but it's not working in mobile view. Firebug shows me for the #categories sidebox there's an inline style with display: none; visibility: hidden;.

Code:
    <div style="display: none; visibility: hidden;" id="categories" class="leftBoxContainer">

Am I missing something?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

To maximize user experience on mobile devices, jQuery was added to hide all side-boxes regardless of CSS.

open:
    /includes/templates/responsive_classic/jscript/jscript_responsive_framework.php

should be line 37:
    Code:
    $('#categories').css({ 'display': 'none', 'visibility': 'hidden' });
    change to:
    Code:
    $('#categories').css({  });
    Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    Hi

I have tried this method in order to get the categories sidebox to display in mobile view. In desktop responsive view it works but it's not working in mobile view. Firebug shows me for the #categories sidebox there's an inline style with display: none; visibility: hidden;.

Code:
    <div style="display: none; visibility: hidden;" id="categories" class="leftBoxContainer">

Am I missing something?

thanks
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

perfect. Thank you so much. :)

Plugin Contributions

Hello Anne how are you? can you help me with this. Unable to create an account with small devices how can i removed the drop down date of birth and input it manually without choosing with the device because when i choose with the device i get an error about " is you birth date correct? Our system requires the date in this format MM/DD/YYYY 05/21/1970 when i i did put it correct this error is only on the small devices, tablets and pc are good, thank you in advance . Name:  Screenshot_2016-04-18-13-56-26.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  32.7 KB
    https://www.tni-wireless.com

Zen Cart V1.5.4 with Tableau Responsive Theme.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I'm liking 1.55 so thanks to all involved and to Anne for her templates.

As the responsive template is 'out of the box', when making adjustments to the template files can I assume that these will be unaffected by future Zencart releases when upgrading. Or do I need to set up a custom template as previously?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Justrimless View Post
    As the responsive template is 'out of the box', when making adjustments to the template files can I assume that these will be unaffected by future Zencart releases when upgrading. Or do I need to set up a custom template as previously?
    That all depends on how you do your upgrades. If you carefully and intentionally compare all files and manually merge changes from the new version into your files (or vice versa), then you'll be fine. But if you just blindly copy all the new files and replace your own without doing any inspections to preserve your customizations, then you will be wiping out your own changes. So, you can see it's all up to how you do it. When upgrading (especially templates) you should always manually merge customizations, not blindly replace things.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast