Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

New Question...

As I am only using the left side box for "Categories" I also moved the "All Products" listing to the top of the categories list which I've been able to do with a couple tweaks to reponsive_classic/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php.
    "All Products" is the only other thing I am displaying in the left column and I needed it to be at the top of the Categories list.

All morning I've been trying to do the same for "mobile" devices (iPhone) but haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Due to my limited coding experience I could use some guidance.

Am I correct that the "Mobile" menu is built on the fly with "categories_ul_generator.php".
    Seems like there should be an edit to "tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php" that will do the trick?
    An edit to a core file is OK as this is a one time custom job.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    New Question...

As I am only using the left side box for "Categories" I also moved the "All Products" listing to the top of the categories list which I've been able to do with a couple tweaks to reponsive_classic/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php.
    "All Products" is the only other thing I am displaying in the left column and I needed it to be at the top of the Categories list.

All morning I've been trying to do the same for "mobile" devices (iPhone) but haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Due to my limited coding experience I could use some guidance.

Am I correct that the "Mobile" menu is built on the fly with "categories_ul_generator.php".
    Seems like there should be an edit to "tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php" that will do the trick?
    An edit to a core file is OK as this is a one time custom job.

Thanks,
    Yes:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php
    line 83 - 85
    PHP Code:
    <?php if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') { ?>
        <li><a class="category-links" href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL); ?>"><?php echo CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL?></a></li>
    <?php ?>
    Move this to line 15 after the initial unordered list tag:
    PHP Code:
    <nav id="menu">
      <ul>

<li><a class="category-links" href="<?php echo  zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL); ?>"><?php echo  CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL?></a></li>
    <?php ?>

<li><?php echo '<a href="' HTTP_SERVER DIR_WS_CATALOG '">'?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG?></a></li>
    To put it at the very top all the time... only if you have it turned on in admin using the - SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL - db switch.

Just paste the <li> ... </li> without the php - if you want to bypass the switch.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Yes:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php
    line 83 - 85
    PHP Code:
        <li><a class="category-links" href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL); ?>"><?php echo CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL?></a></li>
    <?php ?>
    Move this to line 15 after the initial unordered list tag:
    PHP Code:
    <nav id="menu">
      <ul>

<li><a class="category-links" href="<?php echo  zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL); ?>"><?php echo  CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL?></a></li>
    <?php ?>

<li><?php echo '<a href="' HTTP_SERVER DIR_WS_CATALOG '">'?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG?></a></li>
    To put it at the very top all the time... only if you have it turned on in admin using the - SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL - db switch.

Just paste the <li> ... </li> without the php - if you want to bypass the switch.

Perfect!

I did something similar with the desktop display but for some reason I was overlooking that code in the mobile menu.

Thank You Very Much!!!

Plugin Contributions

Me again

Since moving to the classic responsive design I've noticed that when on phones, tablets etc the display appears properly BUT on a wide screen monitor (which is pretty standard these days) the horitontal menu gets messed up (see attached iamges).

Any ideas how this can be rectified or which CSS needs to be changed??

Also has ANYONE found a way to put a quantity box onto the shopping cart in phone/cell mode - the "update button" is shown but no input box to change the quantity???

Thanks in advance :)

Zen Cart 1.5.5f
    PHP Version 7.2.10
    Database: MySQL 10.0.36-MariaDB-cll-lve
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zencart 1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	18053

Name:	zencart 2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	18054

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Josh4u View Post
    Me again

Since moving to the classic responsive design I've noticed that when on phones, tablets etc the display appears properly BUT on a wide screen monitor (which is pretty standard these days) the horitontal menu gets messed up (see attached iamges).

Any ideas how this can be rectified or which CSS needs to be changed??

Also has ANYONE found a way to put a quantity box onto the shopping cart in phone/cell mode - the "update button" is shown but no input box to change the quantity???

Thanks in advance :)

Zen Cart 1.5.5f
    PHP Version 7.2.10
    Database: MySQL 10.0.36-MariaDB-cll-lve

Name:	zencart 1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	18053

Name:	zencart 2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	18054
    Hi Josh4u

Is this an update to an existing installation?
    If so have you tested with a fresh install?

Check your settings in the various "Product listing(s)" for an option for that QTY box.
    If you are using the "Buy Now" button. Don't know for sure if you get a QTY box with that setting.

I'm looking at your site on a 1920 X 1200 screen and it looks good.
    If you're using a wider screen that take a look in the responsive css files for settings greater than that.

Haven't had your problem but I use the "CheckBoxTextBoxIconV1.0.3" plug in and it gives me several options for "Boxes".

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Beta Release - Twitch Left/Right Nav Category Sidebox Select

Looking for your feedback on my newest module exclusively built for the Responsive Classic 1.55f template:

Twitch Left/Right Nav Category Sidebox Select - Beta
    This module uses a simple pre-filter with the existing code to maintain the look/feel/function of a stock Responsive Classic L/R navigation. It maintains the on-page-load structure (instead of Javascript). That means it is simple and compatible with all other Twitch modules... and it's plug and play compatible with any plugin/template still using the stock nav.

Updated Function:
    First Load - Display all categories (enabled - status)

First click - Load only selected category/subcategories/products as they are found

Next click - Continue and display unselected 'clickable' folders within the category - clients can click a logical visual categories to return or use the back button

CSS updates to make it easier on the eyes while navigating and highlight or shadow return links

Maintain Category Count switch and function on child categories

Working Example using Right Nav Sidebox:
    http://sheldrakeautomotive.com/shop/

Beta code:
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php

PHP Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Side Box Template
     * @package templateSystem
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2016 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: picaflor-azul Sun Dec 13 16:32:43 2015 -0500 New in v1.5.5 $
     */

// bof Twitch Left/Right Nav Category Sidebox Select - Beta - September 26.2018

for ($i=0;$i<sizeof($box_categories_array);$i++) {
          if (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['current'] == '1') {

// category has been selected
              //echo ' run current 1 ' ;

$catSelected 'yes';
          }

if (
    $catSelected == '') {

// this is the first pass
              //echo ' first pass ' ;

$catSelected 'first pass';
          }
          if (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['top'] == 'true') {

// do nothing - for future use
              //echo ' run top ' ;

}
    }

if (
    $catSelected == 'first pass') {
    // First code pass block - Display all active categories found in $box_categories_array
    $content '';
    $content .= '<div id="' str_replace('_''-'$box_id 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent"><ul class="list-links">' "\n";
      for (
    $i=0;$i<sizeof($box_categories_array);$i++) {
    switch(
    true) {
    // to make a specific category stand out define a new class in the stylesheet example: A.category-holiday
    // uncomment the select below and set the cPath=3 to the cPath= your_categories_id
    // many variations of this can be done
    //      case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=3'):
    //        $new_style = 'category-holiday';
    //        break;

case ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] == 'true'):

$new_style 'category-top';
            break;
          case (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']):

$new_style 'category-subs';
            break;
          default:

$new_style 'category-products';
            break;
        }

$content .= '<li><a class="' $new_style '" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT$box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';

$content .= $box_categories_array[$i]['name'];
        }

$content .= '</a>';

$content .= '</li>' "\n";

$content .= '</ul></div>';

//$content .= '</ul>first pass complete</div>';

}
    // eof Twitch Left/Right Nav Category Sidebox Select - Beta - September 26.2018

if ($catSelected == 'yes') {  // Twitch L/R Nav Cat Sidebox Select
    // Selected category code pass block - Display only selected category/sub categories/products
    //echo ' run using yes ';

$content "";

$content .= '<div id="' str_replace('_''-'$box_id 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent"><ul class="list-links">' "\n";
      for (
    $i=0;$i<sizeof($box_categories_array);$i++) {
        switch(
    true) {
    // to make a specific category stand out define a new class in the stylesheet example: A.category-holiday
    // uncomment the select below and set the cPath=3 to the cPath= your_categories_id
    // many variations of this can be done
    //      case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=3'):
    //        $new_style = 'category-holiday';
    //        break;

case ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] == 'true'):

$new_style 'category-top';
            break;
          case (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']):

$new_style 'category-subs';
            break;
          default:

$new_style 'category-products';
            break;
          }
         if (
    zen_get_product_types_to_category($box_categories_array[$i]['path']) == or ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] != 'true' and SHOW_CATEGORIES_SUBCATEGORIES_ALWAYS != 1)) {

// skip if this is for the document box (==3)

} else {
    //        $content .= '<li><a class="' . $new_style . '" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';

if ($box_categories_array[$i]['current'] == '1') {
            if (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']) {

$content .= '<li><a class="' $new_style '" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT$box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';

$content .= '<span class="category-subs-parent">' $box_categories_array[$i]['name'] . '</span>';
            } else {

$content .= '<span class="category-subs-selected">' $box_categories_array[$i]['name'] . '</span>';
            }
          } else {
          if (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['top'] == 'true') {
          } else {

$content .= $box_categories_array[$i]['name'] ;
    // Twitch add category counts to last child

if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {
            if ((
    CATEGORIES_COUNT_ZERO == '1' and $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0) or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] >= 1) {

$content .= '<span class="notforward cat-count">' CATEGORIES_COUNT_PREFIX $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] . CATEGORIES_COUNT_SUFFIX '</span>';
            }
          }
          }}

if (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']) {

$content .= CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR;
          }

$content .= '</a>';

$content .= '</li>' "\n";
        }
      }
    }  
    // Twitch L/R Nav Cat Sidebox Select

if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
    // display a separator between categories and links

if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR_LINK == '1') {

$content .= '' "\n";
        }
        if (
    SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true') {

$show_this $db->Execute("select s.products_id from " TABLE_SPECIALS " s where s.status= 1 limit 1");
          if (
    $show_this->RecordCount() > 0) {

$content .= '<li><a class="category-links" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS '</a></li>' "\n";
          }
        }
        if (
    SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true') {

// display limits
    //      $display_limit = zen_get_products_new_timelimit();

$display_limit zen_get_new_date_range();

$show_this $db->Execute("select p.products_id
                                     from " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p
                                     where p.products_status = 1 " 
    $display_limit " limit 1");
          if (

$content .= '<li><a class="category-links" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW '</a></li>' "\n";
          }
        }
        if (
    SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS == 'true') {

$show_this $db->Execute("select products_id from " TABLE_FEATURED " where status= 1 limit 1");
          if (

$content .= '<li><a class="category-links" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS '</a></li>' "\n";
          }
        }
        if (
    SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {

$content .= '<li><a class="category-links" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) . '">' CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL '</a></li>' "\n";
        }
      }

$content .= '</ul></div>';

Proposed Updates:
    - Tie the $new_style CSS values together in one control
    - Addition of thumbnail images in the display list

Thanks!
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry if I am in wrong Thread, but it came on search for "SEO".

Before "Responsive template" my website www.idtagsonline.com index.html file was in /HOME/ folder on my hosting domain (public_html).

I had traditional website with reciprocal links to support SEO at that time with the link to Zen Cart store.
    My ZEN Cart was and still is installed in /home/store/ folder.

Recently we rebuilt Zen Cart to Classic Responsive template, but it is still in /home/store/ folder.

What would be preferred action at this situation to make potentials for SEO, to move Zen Cart to /HOME/ Folder and eliminate /STORE/ folder?
    Is it technically possible?

Or, eliminate old files in /HOME/ folder (original website) and make some kind of Redirect to /home/store/?

We think that we need to get rid out of None Responsive pages for SEO.

I hope I ask the question correctly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Out of the box install of ZC 155.5f
    PHP 7.1

Seems the Responsive Classic Template has an issue with the EZ-Pages Footer & Header Link Separators.
    Changes to the default separators show up in the database but have no effect on pages.

Switching to the Classic template works.

If the responsive_classic template doesn't get these separators from the database then where are they generated?
    Or does the code (maybe css) have a bug?

Current settings on this Test Site:
    EZ-Pages Header Link Separator &nbsp;&nbsp; ZZ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    EZ-Pages Footer Link Separator &nbsp;&nbsp; ZZ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

http://pcsnnets.com/zc5f

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by idtags View Post
    I am sorry if I am in wrong Thread, but it came on search for "SEO".

Before "Responsive template" my website www.idtagsonline.com index.html file was in /HOME/ folder on my hosting domain (public_html).

I had traditional website with reciprocal links to support SEO at that time with the link to Zen Cart store.
    My ZEN Cart was and still is installed in /home/store/ folder.

Recently we rebuilt Zen Cart to Classic Responsive template, but it is still in /home/store/ folder.

What would be preferred action at this situation to make potentials for SEO, to move Zen Cart to /HOME/ Folder and eliminate /STORE/ folder?
    Is it technically possible?

Or, eliminate old files in /HOME/ folder (original website) and make some kind of Redirect to /home/store/?

We think that we need to get rid out of None Responsive pages for SEO.

I hope I ask the question correctly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    I guess, I found answer for my question here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?160-i-have-installed-zen-cart-to-a-directory-how-do-i-rename-or-move-that-directory

I will update with result.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    Out of the box install of ZC 155.5f
    PHP 7.1

Seems the Responsive Classic Template has an issue with the EZ-Pages Footer & Header Link Separators.
    Changes to the default separators show up in the database but have no effect on pages.

Switching to the Classic template works.

If the responsive_classic template doesn't get these separators from the database then where are they generated?
    Or does the code (maybe css) have a bug?

Current settings on this Test Site:
    EZ-Pages Header Link Separator #### ZZ ######
    EZ-Pages Footer Link Separator #### ZZ ######

http://pcsnnets.com/zc5f
    While we're at it I'd like to see if it's possible to move the menu items from the left side of the menu bar to the right side in the responsive classic template. (See attached image)
    I have turned off the search function and tried several mods to the css but the menu jumps to the center when you reduce the page width.

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	18064

Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast