Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

I may have solved my own problem and hopefully didn't screw anything else up in the process. What I did was build in a specific width for .col150 (the column that houses the left boxes) and then used the calc function for the centercolumn to be 100% less the desired pixel width of the leftboxcontainer. I'm still playing with the responsive stylesheet to determine the right point to convert to the hamburger menu, but for now it appears that it achieves the look I wanted. Can anyone see a downside to doing it this way that I should be aware of before I continue building the site? All advice/suggestions appreciated, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by mcqueeneycoins View Post
    However, the newest issue I've noticed is that as I shrink the screen size, the left menus (leftboxcontainers) become so narrow that the text overflows and doesn't look right. If I adjust the width in Layout Settings, the box looks better, but then in full-screen mode it is approximately 1.5x as wide as I want it. The issue seems to be with the responsive.css and % for each col group. Is there an easy way to set a min-width for the left boxes so that regardless of screen size they won't shrink beyond a set pixel amount (say 200px)? At a certain size I convert it to the hamburger menu, but there's that in-between size I still want the menu to appear.

Plugin Contributions

Our procedure is generally to get what we want on full screen. All those css changes would go in the stylesheet_zcustom.css There is no need to touch any other stylesheet for this.

Next, respsonsive_mobile.css in the bottom of the portrait portion to fix minor items needed for portrait mobiles. Then the same for the landscape mobile.

Next, is the responsive_tablet.css in portrait in landscape.

Only then do we start looking at the desktop changes that happen at various widths. If any changes are needed at various widths above those covered by mobile or tablet, we make those in responsive_default.css.

It's always good to enter something to make it easy to find your changes when you need them later. Something like
    Code:
    /*  SVDB  */
    can be added on the line that you change or add.

Plugin Contributions

This may or may not be related to the responsive template, but again hoping someone can help me troubleshoot the latest issue I'm having with the product listing page. When all products are in stock (and not marked call for price) the page looks exactly how I want. When a product is sold out or marked call for price, the background fills the space and I'm having trouble pinpointing what changes I need to make to fix it. What I really would like is to remove the "more info" link altogether and turn the "Sold Out" button into a link that takes you to the product details. Same with Call for price, except have the Call for Price button take you to the Contact us page. TIA!

https://thecoinauthority.com/index.p...1_1_3&sort=20a
    Last edited by mcqueeneycoins; 15 Apr 2020 at 01:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Your background is controlled by the CSS and, it appears that you've dropped the call for the child. Sometimes called odd - even, sometimes parent - child.

Moreover, I'm concerned about your color choices. Check out https://contrast-ratio.com/#black-on-blue to see what your text looks like on the blue. Then click the swap colors button. Note that both options are less than 3 on the contrast scale. Change the black to white and note the difference.

Blue is a well-liked color by both male and female, but they both need to be able to read the text.

This is one of the major hits (along with font size) for mobiles and tablets.

Finally, what is your Product status in Catalog in the admin >> Configuration >> Stock, sixth item down.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for taking a look--I'll try to see what I may have left off. With regards to the contrast, the background should be White, not blue. That's the issue. When I set the qty to 0 (sold out) or call for price, that's when the background changes to blue like that. When i use the contrast tool using the blue text on white background i get 7.9, so I think as long as I can resolve the background issue it will be better. I just changed the product quantity for the 2nd item back to 1 (not sold out anymore) and you can see what I want the site to look like. I didn't make any css changes since my last post, only updated the # in stock resulting in this change. Maybe it will help narrow down the cause?

For configuration settings, they are as follows:

Product status = 1
    Show Sold Out = 1

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

I think I figured it out after a lot of trial and error--realized I was missing a </div> tag, but needed to add it on the functions_general.php instead of the product_listing.php which is why I wasn't connecting the dots sooner. As far as turning the Sold Out button into a link to the product page, I think I am just going to change ...more info into a similarly styled button and just change the text to Sold Out, then use the display:none on the original Sold Out styling.

Plugin Contributions

So..I've been told maybe the html_header.php ...or..... the tpl_main_page.php is corrupted in some way in that the first page of
    http://www.candyground.com
    is not loading correctly...(maybe I need to load clean copies of html_header.php ...and.... the tpl_main_page.php ? ......WHERE TO GET THESE?

the top line ...where home | log in | shopping cart is........
    the black line at the top should be wider?
    I didnt change the width or anything....it might have changed after I added the slideshow....
    but i removed the slideshow and it's still the same...
    any ideas how to fix?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lrfowler24 View Post
    ... maybe I need to load clean copies of html_header.php ...and.... the tpl_main_page.php ? ......WHERE TO GET THESE?
    Download a fresh copy of Zen Cart from https://www.zen-cart.com/latest

Keep that in a folder and make it read-only so you can't change it. Then you'll know that's a pristine image of your version, and you can always compare against that or use that as a source of files if things get messed up.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the great idea.....
    html_header.php ...and..... the tpl_main_page.php are identical to the copies I have in the template folder and the newly downlaoded zencart folder .
    what other problem might be the reason for the first page of www.candygoround.com to be messed up....
    the product pages seem OK.

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure it's 100% identical? As I mentioned in the other thread, it might be file encoding issue. Can you try the following, please:
    #1 - rename your includes/templates/responsive_classic/common dirrectory to common_old (you're just making a backup)
    #2 - upload includes/templates/responsive_classic/common from an original file set to the directory above
    Refresh the page and see what happens.

Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast