Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Hello all,
    I'm in the process of doing a dry run upgrade from my current store (1.5.5f) to the newer 1.5.6c version. I installed a fresh version of 1.5.6c using the webhost auto installer -- then created an empty database and imported all the data from my 1.5.5f system to that dB. I modified the 1.5.6c configure.php files to work with the new dB and used /zc_install to perform the dB upgrade. I changed to the responsive_classic template. How does the mobile menu choose the options when rendering the slide-out menu? Is there a way to choose what options are available for the mobile menu?? The development site can be seen at: tro jan boats dot net slash jingle

==================

Server Host: ns212.webmasters.com (51.81.138.96)
    Database: bcushman_zen156c
    Server OS: Linux 4.19.0-10-amd64
    Server Date: 09/29/2020 16:28:01
    Server Up Time: 16:28:01 up 47 days, 6:45, 1 user, load average: 0.28, 0.33, 0.43
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.38 (Debian)
    PHP Version: 7.3.19-1~deb10u1 (Zend: 3.3.19)
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Upload Max Size: 200M
    PHP Memory Limit: 128M
    POST Max Size: 200M
    Database Engine: MySQL 5.5.5-10.3.23-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Database Date: 09/29/2020 16:28:01
    Database Data Size: 13,687 kB
    Database Index Size: 1,705 kB
    MySQL Slow Query Log Status: On
    MySQL Slow Query Log File: ns212-slow.log
    MySQL Mode: STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO, NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER, NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Zen Cart 1.5.6c
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.6
    v1.5.6c [2020-09-26 11:48:55] (Version Update 1.5.5->1.5.6c)
    v1.5.5f [2018-03-13 16:44:27] (Version Update 1.5.4->1.5.5f)
    v1.5.4 [2018-03-13 16:44:01] (Version Update 1.5.3->1.5.4)
    v1.5.3 [2018-03-13 16:44:01] (Version Update 1.5.2->1.5.3)
    v1.5.2 [2018-03-13 16:44:01] (Version Update 1.5.1->1.5.2)
    v1.5.1 [2018-03-13 16:44:00] (Version Update 1.5.0->1.5.1)
    v1.5.0 [2012-06-28 15:56:29] (Version Update 1.3.9->1.5.0)
    v1.3.9h [2012-06-28 15:56:28] (Version Update 1.3.8->1.3.9h)
    v1.3.8 [2010-01-02 16:47:08] (Fresh Installation)
    v1.3.8 [2010-01-02 16:47:08] (Fresh Installation)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanDon View Post
    I installed a fresh version of 1.5.6c using the webhost auto installer
    This is NOT the recommended method for doing this. First, you'll be behind on a lot of improvements in 1.5.7. Second, the "auto-installers" often have missing files. Especially those you'll need to upgrade your database.

Plugin Contributions

This file controls what appears:
    includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    This is NOT the recommended method for doing this. First, you'll be behind on a lot of improvements in 1.5.7. Second, the "auto-installers" often have missing files. Especially those you'll need to upgrade your database.

True that 1.5.7 is the latest, but some plugins (even heavily used ones like COWOA, Dual pricing, etc.) have not yet been upgraded to 1.5.7.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    Thanks

So if my custom template is a clone of, in this case, responsive_classic then the advice in the override description, see below, is no longer correct?

"Zen Cart® Upgrades

Using the override system means you don't have to worry about overwriting your custom files when an upgrade comes along, because they are all in custom directories."
    This is partially correct. Your customizations won't get overwritten, but as Zen-Cart upgrades your custom template might break due to changes in some of the default Zen-Cart functionality and/or changes in code that can be used for the upgraded versions of PHP,etc.

Plugin Contributions

ZC 157b Mobile issues - Full version is fine, but finding the following in the mobile

1. I use the blank_sidebox mod in the left column on the full size version of our site. On the mobile, it appears at the top, just below the header along with the links in it. It doesn't belong there.

2. Pressing the Hamburger icon the menu appears (of course) and there are a few things undesirable or incorrect:
    A. It's nice to have a count of the number of categories, subcategories and sub-sub categories, but not so nice not to have a count of the products in those categories, if for no other reason, to see that there are products in the category. It seems a numerical indication just of the categories isn't informative from a customers perspective, however if the last stage of sub categories indicted how many products were there the customer would know there are products and can select the category to view them. As it is, a customer needs to select the sub-sub category to find out if there's anything in it.

B. The Information sidebox is disable on our site and I have moved the links to the footer section. However, on the mobile the Information sidebox shows up, with the links not in the order in which they are organized should I enable the sidebox on the full page.

C. Also in the Information sidebox displayed on mobile, the Page 2, Page 3 and Page 4 links appear at the bottom of the box when they shouldn't - they're just blank, native pages as came in the package.

D. I use the Important Links sidebox on the right hand side of the full version and it has content links in it. On the mobile version, The Important Links sidebox appears at the bottom of the menu and there's no links in it.

I may be updating this post as the issues get ironed out for others that may arise.
    https://www.thercrv.com
    Last edited by TheGrimReaper; 1 Feb 2021 at 09:42 PM. Reason: to correct fat fingering
    Waiting to be Zenned - Over-thinking makes an easy task complicated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

2.A - The categories_ul_generator doesn't build counts of products, so that number isn't available to the menu.
    2. B,C,D - See /includes/templates/YOUR_VERSION_OF_responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    2.A - The categories_ul_generator doesn't build counts of products, so that number isn't available to the menu.
    2. B,C,D - See /includes/templates/YOUR_VERSION_OF_responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php
    Cool! Took care of B and C easy enough.

As for a, is there a way to just turn the numbers off? They have no real value or use except for the admin to have a quick look at how many categories there are so he/she can say "I have x amount of categories and .....well, I don't know how many products there are... But I have x amount of categories". Customers don't care about that, their interest, if any at all, would be more toward how many products there are and since that seems to be difficult to achieve they might as well just be taken off.

I still have an important tasks of getting that blank_sidebox (mine is the Rants and Raves if you look at it) off of the page and into the menu
    and
    Figuring out how to get the links to show up in the "Important Links" of the menu, can't seem to decipher how the (what I assume is) $var_linkslist works to do that. I guess my PHP for Dummy's reference books didn't count on such a dummy coming upon something like that.

Plugin Contributions

Well, maybe for d there's a clue

echo '<li><a href="' . $var_linksList[$i]['link'] . '">' . $var_linksList[$i]['name'] . '</a></li>' . "\n"
    Might I be off track in thinking perhaps I replace the ['link'] with whatever the link and ['name'] with that in the full version, then duplicate this for every link in it? Hummmmmm

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It looks like I'm also off on an adventure to dissect the includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php to figure out how to remove the numbers.

Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast