Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We detect that you currently have v1.5.2, and must perform the updates to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    I had no intention of flaming you. I don't roll like that. I downloaded the updated 1.5.5 code and did a fresh install. Again the install went fine but the updates failed. If it would help I can PM somebody a zip file of the install and debug logs.
    Nah, wouldn't expect it from you, but also wanted to acknowledge that with the upgrading to the latest version, tension does get high. I stepped in and like said was looking at the process applied and hadn't done further reading/reviewing which can be looked at as not doing my part to help with the situation. :). (Sure so I'm self critical. :) gotta keep myself in check. )

Does look like maybe you found the solution to your issue posted over in the bugs section, unless I misunderstood. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We detect that you currently have v1.5.2, and must perform the updates to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Nah, wouldn't expect it from you, but also wanted to acknowledge that with the upgrading to the latest version, tension does get high. I stepped in and like said was looking at the process applied and hadn't done further reading/reviewing which can be looked at as not doing my part to help with the situation. :). (Sure so I'm self critical. :) gotta keep myself in check. )

Does look like maybe you found the solution to your issue posted over in the bugs section, unless I misunderstood. :)
    Not a solution. Just a workaround. I expect that it will need to be fixed since others will be upgrading from earlier releases. I've sent the install and debug log files so hopefully a fix can be provided. I can create the error in my local wamp environment to test if needed.

Plugin Contributions

Not a solution. Just a workaround ...
    Well said. I've seen too many times where a workaround is accepted as a solution, with the underlying problem still not determined!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The 03-18-2016 zip of v155 contains the same SQL I posted above, but rolled into the sql updates for earlier-version upgrade steps, specifically to work around the issue of zero-dates set as defaults in that table.

If you're willing and able to re-test that same upgrade, but with the 03-18-2016 zip, I'd be grateful feedback on whether it resolves the issue ideally.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The 03-18-2016 zip of v155 contains the same SQL I posted above, but rolled into the sql updates for earlier-version upgrade steps, specifically to work around the issue of zero-dates set as defaults in that table.

If you're willing and able to re-test that same upgrade, but with the 03-18-2016 zip, I'd be grateful feedback on whether it resolves the issue ideally.
    I tested it with the 3-18 zip and it still has errors. Those are the errors logs I sent to Cindy. If you'd like them just PM me with an email address and I'll send you the zip.

Plugin Contributions

I replaced the user and dbname info in the messages
    Code:
    text/x-log zcInstallDEBUG-1458331595-162178.log ( ASCII text )

[18-Mar-2016 15:06:35 America/Chicago] MySQL error 1146 encountered during zc_install:
    Table 'xxuserxx_xxdbnamexx.whos_online' doesn't exist
    TRUNCATE TABLE whos_online;
    ---------------

[18-Mar-2016 15:06:35 America/Chicago] MySQL error 1146 encountered during zc_install:
    Table 'xxuserxx_xxdbnamexx.db_cache' doesn't exist
    TRUNCATE TABLE db_cache;
    ---------------

[18-Mar-2016 15:06:35 America/Chicago] MySQL error 1062 encountered during zc_install:
    Duplicate entry '246' for key 'PRIMARY'
    INSERT INTO zen_countries (countries_id, countries_name, countries_iso_code_2, countries_iso_code_3, address_format_id) VALUES (246,'South Sudan','SS','SSD','1');
    ---------------

[18-Mar-2016 15:06:35 America/Chicago] MySQL error 1067 encountered during zc_install:
    Invalid default value for 'pwd_last_change_date'
    ALTER TABLE zen_admin MODIFY admin_pass VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
    ---------------

[18-Mar-2016 15:06:35 America/Chicago] MySQL error 1067 encountered during zc_install:
    ALTER TABLE zen_admin MODIFY prev_pass1 VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
    ---------------

ALTER TABLE zen_admin MODIFY prev_pass2 VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
    ---------------

ALTER TABLE zen_admin MODIFY prev_pass3 VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
    ---------------

ALTER TABLE zen_admin MODIFY reset_token VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
    ---------------

Table 'xxuserxx_xxdbnamexx.project_version' doesn't exist
    FROM project_version;
    ---------------
    I'll note (although I don't think that it's applicable to the issue-at-hand) that for some reason, the DB_PREFIX value of zen_ is not being applied to some of the sql queries ... the ones highlighted above.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'll note (although I don't think that it's applicable to the issue-at-hand) that for some reason, the DB_PREFIX value of zen_ is not being applied to some of the sql queries ... the ones highlighted above.
    I noticed that too. You're right, it's not relevant to the current issue. But we'll address that in a future release.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I tested it with the 3-18 zip and it still has errors. Those are the errors logs I sent to Cindy. If you'd like them just PM me with an email address and I'll send you the zip.
    Other than the anomalies reported above (DB_PREFIX not being applied), the only other bit of funniness that I saw in the logs was two reports of:
    Code:
    ---------------
    Mar 21 2016 6:54 -- checkHttpsRequest
    FAILED
    in the zcInstallLog file with the earliest timestamp.

Plugin Contributions

@badarac, when you performed the upgrade did you access the site via
    Code:
    http://www.yoursite.com/zc_install
    or
    Code:
    https://www.yoursite.com/zc_install
    That is, I'm wondering whether the access type (regular vs. SSL) has bearing on the recreation of this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @badarac, when you performed the upgrade did you access the site via
    Code:
    http://www.yoursite.com/zc_install
    or
    Code:
    https://www.yoursite.com/zc_install
    That is, I'm wondering whether the access type (regular vs. SSL) has bearing on the recreation of this issue.
    I'm certain that it was http especially on the wamp copy. I apologize for sending you the log file that did not include the errors. I'm going to do a clean install and recreate the error logs for you. I'll resend them to both of you shortly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast