Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We detect that you currently have v1.5.2, and must perform the updates to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by mcubedpe View Post
    FYI - thought I'd mention I had similar problems - saying unable to upgrade to 1.5.3 - as it was stuck at 1.5.2...

This Thread was helpful tried everything... still didn't work.

I reviewed the logs/ folder and found very helpful error messages that led me to run these queries:

ALTER TABLE customers MODIFY COLUMN customers_password datetime NOT NULL default '0001-01-01 00:00:00';
    ALTER TABLE customers MODIFY COLUMN customers_dob datetime NOT NULL default '0001-01-01 00:00:00';

UPDATE customers set customers_dob = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' where customers_dob = '0000-00-00 00:00:00';
    UPDATE customers set customers_password = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' where customers_password = '0000-00-00 00:00:00';

As well as I had to delete the duplicate entry into the countries table... and then the upgrade proceeded normally.

This was a rather old Zen-Cart that has been updated periodically since at least 2009... this latest upgrade where I ran into these problems was 1.5.1 to 1.5.5.

-Michael
    I had the same problem and used the newest zen-cart-v1.5.5-03292016. I did not understand exactly how to fix so I will give a clear answer. Once you update to 1.5.2 delete the zc_install folder and rename your admin. Login to admin and go to tools>install SQL patches and paste

ALTER TABLE customers MODIFY COLUMN customers_password datetime NOT NULL default '0001-01-01 00:00:00';
    ALTER TABLE customers MODIFY COLUMN customers_dob datetime NOT NULL default '0001-01-01 00:00:00';

UPDATE customers set customers_dob = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' where customers_dob = '0000-00-00 00:00:00';
    UPDATE customers set customers_password = '0001-01-01 00:00:00' where customers_password = '0000-00-00 00:00:00';

then re-upload zc_install go to www.yourdomain.com/zc_install and upgrade SQL and it went from 1.5.2 up to 1.5.5 with no problem. Many people may not have this problem but my cart was super old

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We detect that you currently have v1.5.2, and must perform the updates to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by mcubedpe View Post
    FYI - thought I'd mention I had similar problems - saying unable to upgrade to 1.5.3 - as it was stuck at 1.5.2...

This Thread was helpful tried everything... still didn't work.

I reviewed the logs/ folder and found very helpful error messages that led me to run these queries:

As well as I had to delete the duplicate entry into the countries table... and then the upgrade proceeded normally.

This was a rather old Zen-Cart that has been updated periodically since at least 2009... this latest upgrade where I ran into these problems was 1.5.1 to 1.5.5.

-Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by culbeson View Post
    I had the same problem and used the newest zen-cart-v1.5.5-03292016. I did not understand exactly how to fix so I will give a clear answer. Once you update to 1.5.2 delete the zc_install folder and rename your admin. Login to admin and go to tools>install SQL patches and paste

then re-upload zc_install go to www.yourdomain.com/zc_install and upgrade SQL and it went from 1.5.2 up to 1.5.5 with no problem. Many people may not have this problem but my cart was super old
    Um ... customers_password is NOT a datetime field.
    So ... don't do that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Um ... customers_password is NOT a datetime field.
    So ... don't do that.
    It was an accuracy by volume activity... these were the errors in the "zcInstallDEBUG*.log" files.

[28-Mar-2016 20:33:50 UTC] MySQL error 1062 encountered during zc_install:
    Duplicate entry '246' for key 'PRIMARY'
    INSERT INTO countries (countries_id, countries_name, countries_iso_code_2, countries_iso_code_3, address_format_id) VALUES (246,'South Sudan','SS','SSD','1');
    ---------------

[28-Mar-2016 20:33:50 UTC] MySQL error 1292 encountered during zc_install:
    Incorrect datetime value: '0000-00-00 00:00:00' for column 'customers_dob' at row 5036
    ALTER TABLE customers MODIFY customers_password VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

Also the "customers_password" table did contain values of "0000-00-00 00:00:00" so I changed them using this SQL.

So at most perhaps I should NOT have run this command - "ALTER TABLE customers MODIFY COLUMN customers_password datetime NOT NULL default '0001-01-01 00:00:00';" - but everything else appeared to be needed.

-Michael
    Last edited by mcubedpe; 4 Apr 2016 at 09:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by culbeson View Post
    Many people may not have this problem but my cart was super old
    How old?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

We encountered all of these issues when upgrading from 1.3.8a to 1.5.5. Still working through them now. The issue with South Sudan was corrected by removing the countries_id from the INSERT statement and letting the db auto increment that value.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    We encountered all of these issues when upgrading from 1.3.8a to 1.5.5. Still working through them now. The issue with South Sudan was corrected by removing the countries_id from the INSERT statement and letting the db auto increment that value.
    That's not always advisable, especially with the countries table. In v1.5.x and older the countries_id is used as a primary key instead of the country ISO code, and so by removing the id you've left the database in an inconsistent state.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's not always advisable, especially with the countries table. In v1.5.x and older the countries_id is used as a primary key instead of the country ISO code, and so by removing the id you've left the database in an inconsistent state.
    Should the installer and system be rewritten so that IDs aren't hard coded in the patches? Considering there is a tool to modify these values via the admin, this will probably be a recurring issue amongst many stores.

Plugin Contributions

Deleting zc_install and uploading the directory from 1.5.4 allowed upgrading to 1.5.4.

This allowed us to then upgrade to 1.5.5 using the latest installer.

Hope this info helps you debug.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Should the installer and system be rewritten so that IDs aren't hard coded in the patches? Considering there is a tool to modify these values via the admin, this will probably be a recurring issue amongst many stores.
    Like I said, the current version is based on the old osC approach. We want to change it, but that can't be done until a major version release without causing serious backward-compatibility issues. But we certainly plan to improve it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Deleting zc_install and uploading the directory from 1.5.4 allowed upgrading to 1.5.4.

This allowed us to then upgrade to 1.5.5 using the latest installer.

Hope this info helps you debug.
    Fixing the bad data in the db would be best.

That said, I've pushed a PR to github to force a manual patch of customers_dob data for those who have bad old data in their databases. It will become part of v155a when it's released in the next couple weeks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast