Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation stalls on email input

The console only shows one error:

ReferenceError: mediaWiki is not defined
    <anonymous> wikibits.js:243

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That must be caused by a plugin you've got installed in your browser. But it shouldn't have any impact on Zen Cart.

Here's what I see when I click Continue on your zc_install after first checking the box for license agreement and leaving the rest of the fields alone:

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 6.03.38 PM.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  36.4 KB

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What do you think that means? The file is there, it has content. I deleted it and re-uploaded it, just in case. Permissions set to 644.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "error 500" is completely generic. The only way to find out exactly what's causing it is to look at the server's logs, wherever PHP is configured to store them.
    If the error is occurring before Zen Cart can intercept the location (to the /logs/ folder) then the errors will be in wherever PHP is set to put them ... sometimes that's in the Apache error_log. Sometimes it's in a PHP error-logging location (unfortunately often in a place that only your hosting company can access).

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I figured it out. When I first started the install, it warned me about the PHP version (5.4), so I set it to 5.5. On a hunch, I set it back to 5.4 (native) and the install went through.

Thanks for all the help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That must mean your server's PHP 5.5 configuration has some security settings that are quite different from the PHP 5.4 settings are. Just something to keep in mind for future when you do want to change to the newer PHP version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12