Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customers Also Purchased Maximum

Morning Zen Cart Team,

Just updated from 1.5.3 to 1.5.5a and noticed on product pages the "Customers who bought this product also purchased..." section is displaying 50 items when it was formerly limited to 6 items.

Did something change in 1.5.4 or 1.5.5 regarding this setting/display?

Best,
    Shannon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers Also Purchased Maximum

Quote Originally Posted by srlaird View Post
    Morning Zen Cart Team,

Just updated from 1.5.3 to 1.5.5a and noticed on product pages the "Customers who bought this product also purchased..." section is displaying 50 items when it was formerly limited to 6 items.

Did something change in 1.5.4 or 1.5.5 regarding this setting/display?

Best,
    Shannon
    What are the settings in your admin for: Configuration -> Maximum Values, Number of products to display in the 'This Customer Also Purchased' box, and Configuration -> Product Info, Also Purchased Products Columns per Row?

The first one limits the total number of product to display (or should depending on template) and the second of how many product to allow into a row such that the maximum number above is not exceeded.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The settings are 6 products max, 3 per row. Testing further, we don't see the issue on the new theme we are installing, or on the default ones that come with 1.5.5a, so we will assume it is with our old template. Thank you for your time. We can close this thread.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srlaird View Post
    The settings are 6 products max, 3 per row. Testing further, we don't see the issue on the new theme we are installing, or on the default ones that come with 1.5.5a, so we will assume it is with our old template. Thank you for your time. We can close this thread.
    Yes the file that is responsible for limiting the number of items is overrideable as a template file and could be the reason that aspect was not as expected. Glad that things otherwise have worked out for you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Yes the file that is responsible for limiting the number of items is overrideable as a template file and could be the reason that aspect was not as expected. Glad that things otherwise have worked out for you.
    I'm having the same issue, my template is Responsive Sheffield Blue. Any idea what file to edit to limit this number?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ttfan View Post
    I'm having the same issue, my template is Responsive Sheffield Blue. Any idea what file to edit to limit this number?
    I haven't looked into the files modified by Responsive Sheffield Blue versions 1 or 2, but most likely the file of concern is: includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/also_purchased_products.php

There is some new logic in the default version of the file (includes/modules/also_purchased_products.php) to address the modifications made in the random query results and the new style available to manage database query results.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I'll start looking there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ttfan View Post
    Thank you, I'll start looking there.
    Not a technical comment, but a UX comment...

We have had 3 or 4 user panels evaluate features on our sites for a number of years now, to test-drive the sites and to comment / advise on the UX. In almost all evaluations, members of these panels have reported being either disinterested in, or annoyed by, internal "advertising" features such as "you may be interested in..." , "Customers Also Purchased..." and the ever popular (amongst store owners) "sliding banners and carousels.

And the less-relevant the "internal ad", the more it has irritated people. So randomising the product showcase could end up annoying visitors, rather than help them.

We have implemented plugins such as "better together..." by swguy where we are in far better control of internal adverts, and the customers like this. We can customise it product-by-product and while this takes some effort, at least we are not irritating customers with boot-in-the-face irrelevancies.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks schoolboy, very useful research, I'll look into that!

I'm also seeing this, has anyone found a resolution?

I'm on zc 1.5.5e and have installed several plugins (SBA, COWOA, Sitemap XML, Ultimate SEO Urls, Testimonials Manager, Static RSS Sidebox)

I am using the Winchester Default Template, and when I switch back to the responsive classic template I don't have the problem. Winchester Responsive doesn't seem to override the tpl_modules_also_purchased_products.php file, so I don't think it is a problem with Winchester Responsive.

Here is a link to what I am seeing:

https://www.tokyopenshop.com/shop2/g...hy-p-1329.html

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast