Plugin Contributions

Default Only number entries for mobile version of my site for zip code

On my phone when registering to my site for zip code it only allows number input and not letters. As UK postcodes are NE282PJ in format how can i fix the issue. No issues with main site just mobile version

It can be seen via www.predator-charters.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Only number entries for mobile version of my site for zip code

Version v1.5.5 responsive_classic replaces the input type with HTML5 input types for mobile devices using jQuery.

in \includes\templates\responsive_classic\jscript\jscript_responsive_framework.php

find:
    Code:
    $('input#postcode').clone().attr('type','number').insertAfter('input#postcode').prev().remove();
    and remove that line, it will convert back to a "text" input type

Plugin Contributions

Code:
    /customers/f/6/2/predator-charters.uk/httpd.www/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_address_book_details.php

Line # 97 : <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('postcode', $entry->fields['entry_postcode'], zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_postcode', '40') . ' id="postcode" placeholder="' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '"' . ((int)ENTRY_POSTCODE_MIN_LENGTH > 0 ? ' required' : '')); ?> 

/customers/f/6/2/predator-charters.uk/httpd.www/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_checkout_new_address.php

Line # 94 : <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('postcode', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_postcode', '40') . ' id="postcode" placeholder="' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '"' . ((int)ENTRY_POSTCODE_MIN_LENGTH > 0 ? ' required' : '')); ?> 

/customers/f/6/2/predator-charters.uk/httpd.www/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php

Line #111 : <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('postcode', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_postcode', '40') . ' id="postcode" placeholder="' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '"' . ((int)ENTRY_POSTCODE_MIN_LENGTH > 0 ? ' required' : '')

Plugin Contributions

sorted thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    Version v1.5.5 responsive_classic replaces the input type with HTML5 input types for mobile devices using jQuery.

in \includes\templates\responsive_classic\jscript\jscript_responsive_framework.php

find:
    Code:
    $('input#postcode').clone().attr('type','number').insertAfter('input#postcode').prev().remove();
    and remove that line, it will convert back to a "text" input type
    I know this thread is quite old, but I wanted to post a thanks to rbarbour for the answer (and womble for asking the question).
    I've spent a some time searching through the html_output functions and pulling my hair out over where it has been changing the type from text to number and this was the answer!
    I'm guessing this works great for US zip codes, but not for postal codes, maybe worth documenting this somewhere as I'd imagine it'll be quite a common problem?

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

thank you thank you thank you - I cannot believe that I didn't know about this and wow screws up any UK customer trying to set up an account via mobile - could these be updated for newer versions so that this doesn't happen!?

Thank you for asking/finding this though - saved my bacon today!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SarahL View Post
    thank you thank you thank you - I cannot believe that I didn't know about this and wow screws up any UK customer trying to set up an account via mobile - could these be updated for newer versions so that this doesn't happen!?

Thank you for asking/finding this though - saved my bacon today!
    The correction has been in the Zen Cart distribution since v1.5.5b!