Plugin Contributions

Default For what does ZC v155 make use of ajax?

i have yet to set up my 155 demo shop. one of the things that i suppose i am a bit ignorant on, is for what functions ZC uses ajax calls.

my question is for what ZC makes use of ajax, and whether or not that is configurable in the admin?

in the past, i have used plugins for my ajax calls and i suppose i'm in the process of thinking/planning the upgrades and the question remains whether i want to make use of out of the box ajax functionality or continue with some of my plug-ins. but right now, i can not see where ZC makes the ajax call.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: For what does ZC v155 make use of ajax?

On the storefront, ajax is used for:

a) (Since v1.5.3) During checkout (and as long as the PA-DSS-ajax-checkout setting in the Admin is enabled), if the selected payment module collects credit-card numbers on-site (ie: authorize.net AIM and paypal payments pro, and others if they are coded suitably), ajax is used to load the next page (checkout_confirmation) of checkout so that the card numbers aren't transmitted back down to the browser for the final step of checkout. This avoids putting that data at risk of unauthorized interception. Requires that a corresponding tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation_default.php be created/updated to match any customizations made to tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php, if any.

b) (Since v1.5.3) By any plugins that are written to work with the ajax infrastructure. The only one I know of which uses this is Quick Order: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=375

In zc_install (since v1.5.5), ajax is used to make the background system-checking more seamless, and to make the installer stateless.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

interesting, dr byte. thanks for the reply.

if one uses numinix's fast and easy checkout with one page checkout enabled, in theory, the advantage gained by protecting sensitive cardholder data as detailed in option (a) above is negated?

i suppose i can safely say that the ajax add-to-cart plugin, if desired, needs to be re-installed for v1.5.5.

thanks again.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    if one uses numinix's fast and easy checkout with one page checkout enabled, in theory, the advantage gained by protecting sensitive cardholder data as detailed in option (a) above is negated?
    I can't answer that question. I don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    i suppose i can safely say that the ajax add-to-cart plugin, if desired, needs to be re-installed for v1.5.5.
    Probably needs some rewriting too.
    And, ideally should be adapted to use the ajax handler infrastructure.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.