Plugin Contributions

Default Help with a SQL Query for Query Builder

I'm trying to create a SQL query to add to the Query Builder table and need some assistance. Been running in circles for awhile

I'm looking for a query very close to "Customer has placed <X orders and has not placed any orders in Y Amount of time".

The second part I've been attempting to utilize from the existing queries. Specifically:
    Code:
    select o.date_purchased, c.customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS c, TABLE_ORDERS o WHERE c.customers_id = o.customers_id AND c.customers_newsletter = 1 GROUP BY c.customers_email_address HAVING max(o.date_purchased) <= subdate(now(),INTERVAL 3 MONTH) ORDER BY c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname ASC
    It is the "<X Orders" part I can't get. My attempts to integrate the COUNT function have failed.

And if someone manages that, maybe the following add on: "Customer has placed <X orders and has ordered product X and has not placed any orders in Y Amount of time".

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with a SQL Query for Query Builder

oh... i love an sql challenge!

you need to do a left join back onto the orders table. i get a little confused as to whether its an inner join or an outer join. but you can use this as your starting point:

Code:
    select o.date_purchased, c.customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, ct.ord_count from TABLE_CUSTOMERS c
    join TABLE_ORDERS o on c.customers_id = o.customers_id
    left join (select count(orders_id) as ord_count, customers_email_address from TABLE_ORDERS group by customers_email_address) ct on c.customers_email_address = ct.customers_email_address
    WHERE c.customers_newsletter = 1 and ct.ord_count < 25
    GROUP BY c.customers_email_address HAVING max(o.date_purchased) <= subdate(now(),INTERVAL 3 MONTH)
    ORDER BY c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname ASC
    once you see what is going on there, i think the rest of your questions will answer themselves..... i hope!

good luck!
    help with WCAG is now here! PM if you want some help with this. (or any ZC issue).
    if you feel so inclined, feel free to send some cake....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with a SQL Query for Query Builder

"Samsonite! I was way off!" - Yeah even my use off Count was nowhere close. Thanks!

Is vinsrare.com a site you consult for or are you NJ based? (I'm in NJ as well)