Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v155a] Admin, alt_nav not working

zen-cart-v1.5.5-03212016

I am finding the alt_nav links do not work at all from the main menu items.
    Commenting out the boostrap javascript in header.php restores this functionality.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin, alt_nav not working

local Xammp server php 5.6.8...Windows 10, tested with FF, chrome, IT and Edge, all the same.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm ... I was considering removing alt_nav altogether.

How much do you rely on alt_nav? And with v155 admin menu changes is it even needed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, if you've got a small screen (like 1024x768) and a bunch of configuration items, it can be a real PITA to navigate to the last one in the list (albeit less of a pain with the ZC1.5.5 admin).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On v155 I'm not seeing where alt_nav would provide any benefit

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The alt_nav page is static; while the semi-static menu drop-downs in v155 do "hang around", they're also subject to mis-clicking (and thus frustration).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

But the dropdowns have a larger "touch" space, so are more clickable, compared to the old tiny text links in alt_nav

Plugin Contributions

Well I have so many extra configs they are way off the bottom of the screen (laptop, not mobile).
    Scroll on mousepad is rubbish at best so just for me yes its useful.

I sure you all in dev-land are fed up of us finding these little bugs post-release when it's been available in beta for months, but I'm also sure many (business/non-devs) people could not justify spending time finding these things until 1.55 was a proper release.

Anyway I found there is an issue about this with bootstrap and drops downs as can be found
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ggle-link?lq=1
    https://github.com/angular-ui/bootstrap/issues/2156

And in my meagre testing I found that changing this in header navigation allowed it to work. Can't say I had the energy to understand why (after a day in the snow).
    Useful to know what others find:
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ALT_NAV) ?>" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="true"><?php echo $menuTitles[$menuKey] ?><b class="caret"></b></a>
    to

<a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ALT_NAV) ?>" class="dropdown-toggle disabled" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="true"><?php echo $menuTitles[$menuKey] ?><b class="caret"></b></a>
    Steve

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

/admin/includes/header_navigation.php, line 29
    Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ALT_NAV) ?>" class="dropdown-toggle disabled" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="true"><?php echo $menuTitles[$menuKey] ?><b class="caret"></b></a>
    I'm agreeable with that.

Plugin Contributions

I agree. Thanks for the code to add that function back. Works perfectly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast