Plugin Contributions

Default Back in stock alert question

Hello,

Any suggestions on best practices to be followed when sending out back in stock alerts to customers who subscribed?

Our inventory levels vary greatly on the product assortment so I dont want to notify to all who subscribed when I only got a few pieces back in stock.

What are some of the issues you face when the back in stock feature is enabled?

Example: If I get 200 units back in stock and 2000 subscribers, I don't want to email all 2000, I could may be email 200 but is there any other business rule I need to consider?

Also, based on experience, would the email be sent out First In First Out or Last in First out? It can take upto 2 weeks for inventory to be replenished. So my preference is Last in First out, but I dont know if that would lead to complaints from customers

Thanks for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back in stock alert question

Unless you are making a unique widget that no one else in the universes are making, tell everyone you have it back in stock.

Maybe 75% of the 200 scoped out competitors, maybe 150 still need the widget, Maybe 150 need 3 widgets each.

Who knows what the needs of the client are unless you ask. Ask until they buy or die.
    The real measure of success in sales is the cost of getting a sale vs. the cost of your company providing the service for the sale.
    Cheers!
    v2.0+