Plugin Contributions

Default Emptying / not using 'catalog' directory

I am in discussion with my hosting company after changing my hosting package name. We now have the situation where they have told me to empty the 'catalog' directory straight into the 'public_html' directory.

After much discussion with them and changing both configure.php files in includes and admin/includes (admin folder has been renamed) removing all references to 'catalog' i.e.
    define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');
    all I am getting in the browser for the site and admin login, is a white page without any error messages. My SSL is working fine if you type the url address: https://www.anglingcentrewestbay.co.uk

Is there anyone out-there who has experience in this matter and can advise me on this matter.

As a further note; the hosting for the site above is not primary. My hosting company are reluctant to make it the primary hosting and I believe this is affecting the mapping function (mapping achieved through the primary hosting package only).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Emptying / not using 'catalog' directory

No, you shouldn't change the "uppercase" references to CATALOG at all.

There are very few references to the actual foldername where your site's files are found. All are in your 2 configure.php files, plus maybe a couple settings inside your database, configurable via your Admin.
    Explained in this FAQ article: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...that-directory

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    No, you shouldn't change the "uppercase" references to CATALOG at all.

There are very few references to the actual foldername where your site's files are found. All are in your 2 configure.php files, plus maybe a couple settings inside your database, configurable via your Admin.
    Explained in this FAQ article: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...that-directory
    I have replaced all the 'uppercase' references to the directory 'catalog' in both configure.php files and it has made no difference. I am still getting a white blank page through my browser(s). How does the server know where to look for these files? Could this be now the mapping or web forwarding within my hosting package?
    I really don't want to get back to re-installing Zen Cart but I feel this is fast approaching. there will be lots that will be lost

Plugin Contributions

A blank page is a specific error and is different from a 404 Page Not Found. Check this;

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...t-of-a-page%29

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's really a very simple process. But it is NOT about replacing every occurrence of the word "CATALOG".

The configure.php file has a number of defines in it, depending what ZC version you're using.

One of MANY defines is DIR_FS_CATALOG, which will look something like this for you:

Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/path/to/my/site/files/public_html/catalog/');
    In your case, since you said your plan is to move all the files "up" a level, you would remove that last foldername, leaving this:
    Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/path/to/my/site/files/public_html/');
    And then you would repeat for the other similar defines in both of your configure.php files. You're ONLY removing stuff from near the END of the define, and NEVER from the stuff in uppercase.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It's really a very simple process. But it is NOT about replacing every occurrence of the word "CATALOG".

The configure.php file has a number of defines in it, depending what ZC version you're using.

One of MANY defines is DIR_FS_CATALOG, which will look something like this for you:

Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/path/to/my/site/files/public_html/catalog/');
    In your case, since you said your plan is to move all the files "up" a level, you would remove that last foldername, leaving this:
    Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/path/to/my/site/files/public_html/');
    And then you would repeat for the other similar defines in both of your configure.php files. You're ONLY removing stuff from near the END of the define, and NEVER from the stuff in uppercase.
    Further to this problem; my hosting company have come back to me with the following report. as I'm not that familiar wit this error reporting, are you able to dis-cipher this for me?
    Dear Angling Centre West Bay,

Thank you for contacting xxxxxxxxxxxxx on the 5th April 2016.

As per our telephone conversation, I have corrected a couple of the absolute paths in the glasshouse/includes/configure.php file but the site still shows a blank page. So far the reason for this is not clear but the following appears in the error logs for the site, which may potentially be of use in troubleshootign this:
    anglingcentrewestbay.co.uk [Tue Apr 05 16:54:39 2016] [error] [client 46.32.240.3:54984] AH01215: No such file or directory at 145987167916063.cgi line 16.: /home/cluster-sites/3/a/anglingcentrewestbay.co.uk/public_html/145987167916063.$
    anglingcentrewestbay.co.uk [Tue Apr 05 16:54:39 2016] [error] [client 46.32.240.3:54984] End of script output before headers: 145987167916063.cgi

If we can be of any further help with regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

As you can see, to us mere mortals, it doesn't make a lot of sense. I can't get into our sites admin area either which makes it worse to sort out any product description or define pages errors.

Any chance of an answer from the power of Zen?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Mars View Post
    anglingcentrewestbay.co.uk [Tue Apr 05 16:54:39 2016] [error] [client 46.32.240.3:54984] AH01215: No such file or directory at 145987167916063.cgi line 16.: /home/cluster-sites/3/a/anglingcentrewestbay.co.uk/public_html/145987167916063.$
    anglingcentrewestbay.co.uk [Tue Apr 05 16:54:39 2016] [error] [client 46.32.240.3:54984] End of script output before headers: 145987167916063.cgi
    Zen Cart doesn't use CGI.
    And if you've got files named "145987167916063.cgi" in your public_html directory, then it's possible you've been hacked. Your hosting company should have clued in to that.

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart doesn't use CGI.
    And if you've got files named "145987167916063.cgi" in your public_html directory, then it's possible you've been hacked. Your hosting company should have clued in to that.
    Thank you. I have just asked the question to my hosting company. I'm waiting for reply.

Again many thanks. We have had problems with global sign taking ages to give us our SSL Certificate but we have now have at least up and running. And we bought the top end security! Oh well, its all a learning process!