Plugin Contributions

Default Blank home page, blank admin page

Hello,

I've searched the forums for the above problems, and found similar issues, but the fixes didn't help me. Here is some info on the problem I'm having:

We have a site on GoDaddy (a shared hosting plan), with ZenCart installed through their website hosting addons. I installed ZenCart on the site for the owner a few years ago, and all has been working well. However, the owner is not ready for his business to go "full-time," so we don't check on the site very often.
    About a week ago, we checked on it, and it had a blank white page on the home page. Nothing had been done to it in quite a long time (upgrades, addons, etc.). When the owner told me of the problem, I tried to go into the admin part of ZenCart, and got a blank white page there as well.
    The owner contacted GoDaddy tech support and according to them, our website had been hacked. They told him there was all kinds of malware on the site, and they couldn't do anything to help out because we were using a "custom" application (ZenCart), even though they list ZC as an addon and even allow people to install it.
    I went into the site via FTP, and I can't find anything that looks out of place. Most of the files have dates of 2014, the last time it was upgraded. There were a few from around November 2015, which is when GoDaddy claims the site was hacked. I replaced those files with good backup files, just in case. The problem remained. Then I re-uploaded all the files with good backup files, and still have the same problem. I also did an upgrade to version 2.5.5, and still have the same issue.
    I tried to go into GoDaddy and restore a backup version of the database itself, but GoDaddy's tool won't let me do it. I have always used ZenCart's tools to do the db backups, but sine I can't get into that any more, I tried GoDaddy. Their tool won't let me do it - it says I don't have any "valid backups" since I haven't used their tool, I guess.
    The only think I can think of doing is waiting until Mon-Fri and trying to get a GoDaddy tech to restore the database, if I can email it to them. Otherwise, I think wiping it all out and rebuilding it from scratch may be my next step. But before that, I wanted to ask:
    Has anyone had this problem before, and know of an easy fix?
    Does anyone have a better host than GoDaddy to use ZenCart with?

Thanks,
    jp

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank home page, blank admin page

I also did an upgrade to version 2.5.5, and still have the same issue.
    Did you mean ZenCart v1.5.5??

What is the php version on the server?
    What is the ZenCart version that was installed?

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...o-run-zen-cart
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes, 1.5.5 is what I meant. PHP version on the server is 5.3
    Site is http://www.memorableilluminations.com/

Plugin Contributions

I installed ZenCart on the site for the owner a few years ago
    I asked what version of ZenCart you had installed which you did not answer but from the above statement and your described situation I will assume that it is/was v1.3.8a or earlier

As it will present a blank page when php has been upgraded beyond it's support
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I answered you in post #3 above (ZenCart 1.5.5 is currently installed). Version 1.5.4 had been installed prior to any problems.

Plugin Contributions

Version 1.5.4 had been installed prior to any problems
    This will not be a php version upgrade issue then and probably not a hack because it is relatively secure

But on a shared GD hosting plan there could be other sites that are hacked and allowing many sites to be hacked
    If this is the case then it should be addressed by the host versus being put off as "we do not support custom applications"
    But one must first escalate the issue up from the standard support individual contacted
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jpwy View Post
    Then I re-uploaded all the files with good backup files, and still have the same problem. I also did an upgrade to version 2.5.5, and still have the same issue.
    It could be that if you didn't also delete other files that had been left on the site, (ie: files that weren't in your backups, such as things a hacker might have added to your server) that the damage is still present. Removing files that aren't in your backups would be a good next step.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwy View Post
    Does anyone have a better host than GoDaddy to use ZenCart with?
    Here's a list of just a few: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?3-services

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.