Plugin Contributions

Default Can I set Default Method to Ground in USPXML?

Is it possible to set the UPS method of shipment to default to ground? I am using the upsxml plugin and have customers that are having issues. While other options besides ground are offered it would be quite nice to have a default set so they would not have the page refresh and think that it was broken and then call.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I set Default Method to Ground in USPXML?

Zen Cart defaults to pre-select "cheapest", not a specific method.

What specific "issues" are your customers encountering? And what are you talking about by a "page refresh"?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Zen Cart defaults to pre-select "cheapest", not a specific method.

What specific "issues" are your customers encountering? And what are you talking about by a "page refresh"?
    On step 1of 3 Delivery information there is no default type of UPS shipment selected out of the 4 that are available, some customers are not noticing this and trying to continue and since nothing is selected the next step does not happen and the result is that they call. UPSXML is the only shipping method installed. I have spent the day trying to locate where "ground" could be set as the default pre selected UPS shipping method as that would let the customer continue and most shipment are via ground.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    On step 1of 3 Delivery information there is no default type of UPS shipment selected out of the 4 that are available
    If UPSXML is the only shipping module enabled, then the cheapest option should be getting auto-selected ... unless something in your site is interfering with that normal process.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.