Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to edit products

Suddenly today I have been unable to edit my products. After making the edits and clicking the Preview button, the browser just hangs. I tired it on both the admin/product.php and the Quick Updates mod with the same result. I can edit customers fine.

I checked my /admin file permissions and they were mostly 640 (rw-/r--/---). I changed all files within /admin main folder to 644 with no effect. Then I had Filezilla do so recursively for all files within the subfolders.

I don't know if my host did something that caused permissions issues, but for a while they had something that was changing the permissions to files in my admin folder every week.

There are any other files besides admin/product.php I should check? I can view the edit page fine. It's just the form submission that hangs, and only on that one page as far as I can tell.

The only thing in the debug log files is this warning that doesn't seem to be critical.

PHP Warning: Missing argument 4 for googleEnhancedEcommerceObserver::update(), called in /home/mysite/public_html/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 58 and defined in /home/mysite/public_html/includes/classes/observers/class.google_enhanced_ecommerce.php on line 12
    Last edited by fakeDecoy; 12 Apr 2016 at 08:23 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to edit products

If you're really still running Zen Cart 1.3.9h (released 10/27/2010), it's likely that your web-host has updated the PHP version being used on your store. You can go to your admin's Tools->Server/Version Information to see. Any version of PHP over (and possibly including) 5.4 is going to wreck havoc with your site's processing.