Thread: Pre-Order

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pre-Order

Quote Originally Posted by MELSHH View Post
    I actually have done this. Set up normal products but made it known in the description that they are pre-orders only. I've just noticed though, that it shows people that they are in stock and shows the quantity. This is really what I wanted changed. I don't want any stock to show but I can't find how to delete 'availability'.
    You could just disable the Products Quantity box for this particular item. That way you can set the available number high enough that it won't sell out, but no one will be able to see how many actually are available. I've done that and it worked well. The only problem I had is that there actually was a limited quantity and I had inadvertently set the configuration not to show 'Sold Out' when it was. So I ended up selling a few more than I had, oops.

I set up a mailing list through my host for the second pre-order shipment so I could have a waiting list. I'll email that waiting list 12 hours before I make any announcements anywhere else about availability, to let those customers have first crack at the products.
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 15 Aug 2016 at 04:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12