Plugin Contributions

Default Newbie Customize

I'm just learning Zen-Cart and have just taken over as web admin. First I know I need to upgrade and will be reading the tutorial to do that. My main question is customizing the site. It's a vintage auto parts site and I'm having trouble with attributes for core charge. Is anyone doing something similar that can give me step by step? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie Customize

Exactly what issues are you having??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

In addition to the price, some of our products require a refundable deposit for core charge. Here's an example. http://cadillacking.org/index.php?ma...products_id=15 - I don't know how to create it in the attributes. The last person was able to do it but he's is no longer here. Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Attributes as controlled by a default Zen Cart installation are populated from the admin panel, catalog, attributes controller.

May I suggest that you identify a product for which the desired settings already exist, then from within the attributes controller, navigate to that product. (or there are other ways to get there, if you have difficulty navigating that window.) but once at the attributes window, look/review the settings setup for that product and you can then duplicate or copy those settings to another product.

An alternate way to get to the attributes settings for a product is to go to the products/categories section. Navigate to the product, then on the right side of the line for the product should be an 'a' for attributes. Clicking on the 'a' should ask you if you would like to go to the attributes controller and by indicating yes, the attributes for the product should be opened for you to do the above review.

The above is also dependent on such functionality existing on the version of ZC that you are using. Sorry, I haven't used/seen ZC 1.3.5 in action to know if it is/was there.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...