Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning: session_start(): Trying to destroy uninitialized session

My site is on an Cloud Server where the coded is protected and the images are utilized and destroyed on an hourly basis. Hacking probably isnt the issue.
    You are having "Blind" faith that this is not the issue - Suggest that you verify this by doing as recommended
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by batteryman View Post
    I dont think that this is the first time that it has happened, it was just never addressed last time someone mentioned it.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....alized+session
    Hmmmm. Fair observation. Fortunately bettysue got past it, as she's used Zen Cart for many years, and newer versions, since that post.

I confess: I have no idea what the solution is. But I bet it's caused by your "Cloud Server" ... probably some caching or proxying, or unwritable permissions on folders where session data files are stored. Or PHP session configuration has been altered to behave differently than it was before.

Zen Cart isn't doing the session-destroy. The error is happening when Zen Cart tries to *start* the session. Is it possible that something *else* outside original Zen Cart code is starting a session before Zen Cart starts one? If so, what and why?

Again, you said *you* haven't changed any files/etc regarding Zen Cart. But what has your hosting company changed in their "cloud" setup? (I'm using "quotes" because "cloud" has a million possible meanings, and you didn't elaborate, so that's a huge black hole where the problem probably rests.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    You are having "Blind" faith that this is not the issue - Suggest that you verify this by doing as recommended
    I will still look for the possibilities of file tampering.
    I did fix the issue although I never figured out what caused it. The session data was somehow being corrupted when saving to the DB, I switched to saving to file and everything started to work correctly.

I also scoured my files and found no trace of tampering. I have backups and am able to compare as suggested. I said cloud server instead of what I actually have so that I give out more information that people need. Just as a precaution. I have been using zencart for 13yrs and this is the very first time this has ever happened so I was baffled myself.

I worked with my programmers and hosting company on the issue yesterday directly and my hosting company made no changes, no updates to any services were recently logged etc.. This is a bit of a mystery.

Just wanted to update you Dr Byte & Kobra.. Thank you for your help.
    User of zencart

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I did fix the issue although I never figured out what caused it. The session data was somehow being corrupted when saving to the DB, I switched to saving to file and everything started to work correctly.
    It might be worth dropping the "sessions" table from the database, and recreating it (the schema for it is in the sql files in the zc_install/sql folder). Perhaps the table was damaged, or contained corrupt data that was confusing its indexes. Rebuilding it (and then switching back to using it) would help confirm things.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12