Plugin Contributions

Default cannot log into admin after install

Just did a clean install on ZC v.1.5.5

I made a note of the password that was automatically assigned and I made a note of the automatically assigned Admin folder name. But I cannot log in with the password that was assigned. I did a "forgot password" reset but no email is delivered (haven't gotten to the place in admin where I can correctly configure the php mail settings so I'm guessing the new install isn't able to send outgoing mail until I do that). So it's a catch 22: can't sign in to change the mail settings so that I can retrieve the password and sign in.

Any work-arounds besides starting over completely from scratch with a new install?

This is already my work-around after trying unsuccessfully n-teenth times to install on another server. So, as you can imagine, I'm a bit frustrated.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cannot log into admin after install

The age old, forgot my password sql patch still works. Need to be able to access phpmyadmin. (another password? :))

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

One of my original concerns with the 1.5.5 install was that the password generator could be misread as to 1 versus l and 0 versus O. I don't know if that was ever fully resolved.
    You might try again and, this time, copy the password to computer memory (like highlight, then Ctrl C). Then, when going to admin, paste the password.

Plugin Contributions

As far as trying again, pretty much just need to load the zc_install directory again and then do that portion of the install, not reload all of the files.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, will give that a try. I think I cannot retry the original password after having requested a reset. Is that correct?
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    Ok, will give that a try. I think I cannot retry the original password after having requested a reset. Is that correct?
    Correct, also there is a timeout after trying too many times. The sql provided at the above link does not reset that timeout, so would have to "wait" to login after applying the sql if did attempt to access too many times.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    No. Since v153 an admin password-reset only sends a time-limited reset-token. It doesn't change the original password. And the original password can still work, until you actually change the password yourself.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    No. Since v153 an admin password-reset only sends a time-limited reset-token. It doesn't change the original password. And the original password can still work, until you actually change the password yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Correct, also there is a timeout after trying too many times. The sql provided at the above link does not reset that timeout, so would have to "wait" to login after applying the sql if did attempt to access too many times.
    Well, goes to show how often I have had to use this "feature"... I thought for sure that the "reset" wiped out the previously provided password... Oops... Sorry for the disinformation regarding this part of the code and functionality as it relates to more recent versions of ZC.