Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Can't run ZC 1.5.5 installation

Hi,

I can't run ZC 1.5.5 installation and this makes me confused since I've done the same installation successfully on another domain recently.

What I did step by step: I unpacked and uploaded ZC 1.5.5 to my server, rename both dist-configure.php files to configure.php and set up the correct permissions. Previously i created database with username and password to be used for this installation. When I run the installation i see the next error:

Warning: require(/home4/rootfolder/public_html/mynewzen/zc_install/includes/classes/class.zcConfigureFileReader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/rootfolder/public_html/mynewzen/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 55

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home4/rootfolder/public_html/mynewzen/zc_install/includes/classes/class.zcConfigureFileReader.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php') in /home4/rootfolder/public_html/mynewzen/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 55

Let's say that the folder name where new ZC was uploaded is "mynewzen". It's a subdomain where I'm trying to set up new ZC site. I run installation typing: main-domain.com/mynewzen/zc_install and I've experienced the error above.

I performed a new ZC 1.5.5 installation on the same server a month ago and I didn't experienced this issue.

Thanks for support!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't run ZC 1.5.5 installation

"No such file or directory" means some or several of the files didn't get uploaded. Re-upload your zc_install folder and all subfolders.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I did it and all files are on the server but still see the same error.

Plugin Contributions

Let's say that the folder name where new ZC was uploaded is "mynewzen". It's a subdomain where I'm trying to set up new ZC site. I run installation typing: main-domain.com/mynewzen/zc_install and I've experienced the error above.
    Might be because this is a "Subdomain" that you need to access it as such - not sure but try accessing it as

mynewzen.main-domain.com/zc_install
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I've tried both options - mynewzen.main-domain.com/zc_install and main-domain.com/mynewzen/zc_install - but the same error occurs. Really tricky for me because I'm pretty sure that all file has been uploaded to the server.
    I'll be searching for the solution and let you know if I solved this but would appreciate if someone shares an idea in the meantime :))

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Are you still getting the debug log with file not found error?
    If so, using ftp - check the files looking for any that might be "0" bytes
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Why was dist-configure.php renamed to configure.php? Installation from a vanilla version of ZC will create the applicable file, also, by renaming (not copying) the file, you now have lost a file that could be used as a reference when other trouble hits.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I renamed dist-configure.php to configure.php following the instructions for the installation (https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...stall-zen-cart).
    I've recently completed successfully another ZC 1.5.5 installation in the same way.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Laki View Post
    I renamed dist-configure.php to configure.php following the instructions for the installation (https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...stall-zen-cart).
    I've recently completed successfully another ZC 1.5.5 installation in the same way.
    OK, I just usually allow ZC to autogenerate the file(s) rather than to go through the "effort" of renaming the files.

It does seem that based on the error message that one or more files is actually missing or incompletely uploaded. Hopefully you have gone back to either validate the file(s), or uploaded them again. Validation should include opening the file(s) and reviewing the contents to ensure equivalent to the original file(s).

Plugin Contributions

Not stated nor asked, but was the unpacking of files to a blank directory or was there a ZC store there already?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast