Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't run ZC 1.5.5 installation

Quote Originally Posted by Laki View Post
    I renamed dist-configure.php to configure.php following the instructions for the installation (https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...stall-zen-cart).
    I've recently completed successfully another ZC 1.5.5 installation in the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Why was dist-configure.php renamed to configure.php? Installation from a vanilla version of ZC will create the applicable file, also, by renaming (not copying) the file, you now have lost a file that could be used as a reference when other trouble hits.
    The instructions tell the person installing to do the rename, because many webservers require the file to "already exist" in order to be able to gain sufficient permissions to write. And, if the server requires higher permissions in order for PHP to write then those must be granted manually and so the file must be present in order to grant those permissions to the file.

But, if your server has relaxed security such that PHP can create and delete files without modifying any permissions, then zc_install can indeed create those files directly, without you needing to create them first or rename from dist-configure first.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't run ZC 1.5.5 installation

I somehow solved this problem. Obviously something were missing and it prevented the installation from running. I downloaded Zen Cart again on another computer and this time I used this option "Click here if you prefer an HTTPS download" insted of going to https://sourceforge.net/projects/zencart/files/

I don't know if this helped or I just was lucky this time to download it properly but this installation was performed smoothly.

Also, thank you for the explanation about renaming of configure.php files.

Best,
    Laki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12