Plugin Contributions

Default Speed of V155 on mobile phone with responsive template

I have installed a clean version of zencart V1.5.5, then I have migrate the products from an old oscommerce website to this zencart.
    I have speed problems with the responsive classic template (same problems with the responsive sheffield blue template from Anne that I would like to use).

Everything works fine on a desktop but on a mobile phone (I have tried several) it takes 15 seconds or more before the website loads. And a strange thing happens when you are on a product_info page: below the bottom banner comes a completely out folded category tree?

I have 6000 categories (and sub, subsub, subsubsub) and a total of 19.000 products and I use a fast VPS server with the PHP 5.4.45 and mySQL 5.5.47. When I use the classic green template the website loads lighting fast on a mobile phone and desktop but is ofcourse not responsive and that was the reason in the beginning to use this V1.5.5....

Anyone with the same problem or a solution?

In the debug log files I find this:
    Code:
    [29-Apr-2016 10:29:46 UTC] Request URI: /admin/configuration.php?gID=31&cID=547, IP address: 212.178.68.158
    #1  call_user_func() called at [/home/admin/web/testsite/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1800]
    #2  zen_call_function() called at [/home/admin/web/testsite/public_html/admin/configuration.php:129]
    No idea what that means but it is only in the admin?
    (I have changed the admin folder and website).

The testsite IP: http://188.165.164.57/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Speed of V155 on mobile phone with responsive template

Please enable in your admin > config > logging > Display The Page Parse Time > true
    Then the output from that can be used to help diagnose what problems may be occurring. https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-numbers-mean
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Desktop using responsive classic template: Parse Time: 0.371 - Number of Queries: 112 - Query Time: 0.099326187316895
    Mobile using responsive classic template: Parse Time: 0.313 - Number of Queries: 113 - Query Time: 0.028788127120972
    Very strange because on a mobile Phone the site shows up after about 15 seconds?

Desktop using classic contemporary green: Parse Time: 0.156 - Number of Queries: 98 - Query Time: 0.087388568313599
    Mobile using classic contemporary green: Parse Time: 0.201 - Number of Queries: 108 - Query Time: 0.08323220539856
    On a mobile Phone the site shows up immediately using the classic contemporary green template?

Plugin Contributions

Very strange because on a mobile Phone the site shows up after about 15 seconds?
    Are you using wi-fi with your phone??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Are you using wi-fi with your phone??
    I use WIFI and 4G on all phones, most of the time the WIFI (from my home connection) is faster...

Plugin Contributions

There is a difference between the classic template and the responsive templates (i have tried responsive sheffield blue too). The problem seems to be the categories in the menu. I have disabled the categories and the site is lighting fast on desktop and Phone.

You can look:
    Code:
    http://188.165.164.57/
    , this site has 3 languages: dutch with the normal responsive classic template, english with the contemporary green template and german with an adapted responsive classic template (adapted categories in the menu).

There are also other strange things: the language menu does not show up in the Phone version and the all products does not function, that is you don't see products.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Quartier View Post
    Everything works fine on a desktop but on a mobile phone (I have tried several) it takes 15 seconds or more before the website loads. And a strange thing happens when you are on a product_info page: below the bottom banner comes a completely out folded category tree?

I have 6000 categories (and sub, subsub, subsubsub) and a total of 19.000 products and I use a fast VPS server with the PHP 5.4.45 and mySQL 5.5.47. When I use the classic green template the website loads lighting fast on a mobile phone and desktop
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartier View Post
    There is a difference between the classic template and the responsive templates (i have tried responsive sheffield blue too). The problem seems to be the categories in the menu. I have disabled the categories and the site is lighting fast on desktop and Phone.
    Yes, the mmenu included with the responsive_classic will surely slow mobile loads with that amount of categories.