Plugin Contributions

Default Sales Tax incorrectly applies and Change address not working

The problems below are seen in both Zen Cart 1.5.4 and 1.5.5

I was in the process of upgrading our 1.5.1 sites to 1.5.4 when 1.5.5 was released so I stopped upgrading to 1.5.4 and started upgrading to 1.5.5. I currently have two sites on 1.5.4 (www.humphreystrailerhitch.com and www.humphreystrailerparts.com) as well as a test www.rockandrollshirtshop.biz which has a copy of Trailer Parts upgraded to 1.5.5. The problems below are on each of these sites.

Additionally for testing/checking I also have a test site with an out of the box unmodified install of 1.5.5 (www.rocknrollshirtshop.biz/zstore) that also shows the problems. I have tested with both templates available in the test site to confirm the problem was not the new responsive template.

Any information anyone could provide would be appreciated I have worked long and hard on this and so far have been unable to make any more progress then identifying what is below.

Here are the problems I am seeing.

First, the system is not following its settings for charging taxes. It charges tax on all items regardless of the shipping or billing address. I have combed through all the settings and have working copies with the same settings on 1.5.1 and they work correctly. The settings also match those in the test store site I have. I do not have this on my sites but I found on the unmodified test store site you must select a shipping option free or no delivery charge does not seem to cause the problem

Settings
    Under config/My Store
    Basis of Product Tax and Shipping Tax are set to Shipping.

Under Locations/Taxes
    Under Zone Defination there is a file for Florida (which was actually the one built at installation since I live in Fl) which matches the settings in my old stores and the unmodified test site

Under Tax Class there is a class Taxable Goods which is also default under the product types and showing in the products.

Under Tax Rate there is a Tax Goods with zone Florida

When trying to troubleshoot the taxes being incorrectly applied I discovered a second problem.

I order an item using an existing account that has 2 addresses in it (one for a local address the other out of state I was trying to use to test taxes) and go to the cart page then click Check Out and go to Step 1 Of 3 Delivery Information for accounts with multiple addresses if I click Change Address it brings up the change Shipping address page. At the bottom are listed the 2 addresses for the account. If I move the dot to the unselected address and click Continue the page goes back up to the Form for adding a new address and highlights the fields in red. It forces you to create a new address it will not allow you to choose an existing one.

The same problem occurs if you click Change Address on the Step 2 of 3 Payment Information page for changing the billing address.

When you order with a new account and create the address then go to the Step 1 of 3 it will allow you to create a second address. Once the second address is created then if you click Change Address the problem above occurs.

Additional Information
    Sites run on a Dedicated leased server and test site on a server on a cable connection at my location. Both servers run Ubuntu 14.04
    Server OS: Linux 3.13.0-62-generic
    PHP Version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14 (Zend: 2.5.0) PHP Memory Limit: 128M
    Database: MySQL 5.5.44-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)

Shipping modules
    UPS
    Local Pickup

Payment Modules (tax seems to be added for any payment form)
    epath
    PayPal
    Check

Sites are being upgraded from 1.5.1
    Basically follow the recommended procedure I take a copy of the site, remove modules (and either confirm or find replacement versions for the version being upgraded to) that I know have core change files and take the site to a point where it is basically back to out of the box then upgrade.
    Installs/upgrades are done with FTP and Zc_Install no hosting company/software involved.

There are no debug logs for these errors.

Addon modules.

Trailer Parts only has the Site Map V 3.2.12 module added at the moment, I stopped the upgrade for 1.5.5 and have not installed the new versions of the other add on modules I normally run.

Trailer Hitch was completely upgraded so these additional add on modules have been added.

Site Map V 3.2.12
    Ceon URL Mapping Version 4.5.0
    Easy Populate 4.0.2
    Recover Cart Sales
    and the older DIY responsive template for mobile

I have tried to include everything here I could think of and the things that were in the rules for posting. Hope it covers everything.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales Tax incorrectly applies and Change address not working

Quote Originally Posted by websmith View Post
    a second problem.

I order an item using an existing account that has 2 addresses in it (one for a local address the other out of state I was trying to use to test taxes) and go to the cart page then click Check Out and go to Step 1 Of 3 Delivery Information for accounts with multiple addresses if I click Change Address it brings up the change Shipping address page. At the bottom are listed the 2 addresses for the account. If I move the dot to the unselected address and click Continue the page goes back up to the Form for adding a new address and highlights the fields in red. It forces you to create a new address it will not allow you to choose an existing one.

The same problem occurs if you click Change Address on the Step 2 of 3 Payment Information page for changing the billing address.
    That's a problem that was introduced in the first zip of v1.5.5 which included some HTML5 validation rules on those fields, but didn't account for the use of radio-buttons to override the "required" text fields. The fix for that bug was posted here: checkout-address-page-bug and fixed in a subsequent zip release.

You may find the other fixes on that page helpful too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's a problem that was introduced in the first zip of v1.5.5 which included some HTML5 validation rules on those fields, but didn't account for the use of radio-buttons to override the "required" text fields. The fix for that bug was posted here: checkout-address-page-bug and fixed in a subsequent zip release.

You may find the other fixes on that page helpful too.
    Thank you. I had seen there were corrections with the 1.5.5 release and thought I had the latest but I had the 3/26/16 so I was behind.

I have went through all the fixes and applied the bug fixes needed and the corrections to the template pages (they work on 1.5.4 sites as well) and that resolved the Address problems. It also fixed the tax problem for UPS shipping however I still have the problem if they select local pickup. It still ignores the any address and applies taxes to all items.

Again thank for getting this much solved.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I still have the problem if they select local pickup. It still ignores the any address and applies taxes to all items.
    You mentioned "Local Pickup". Which actual module is that? (one way to tell is to look in Admin->Modules->Shipping, and its name will be in the middle column)

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry module is Store Pickup (storepickup middle column name).

Stan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry module is Store Pickup (storepickup middle column name).

Stan
    Ya, the built-in store-pickup module has no knowledge of taxes at this time.

Plugin Contributions

I understand. We have to use store pickup since there are a lot of oversize/overweight/non-shippable items on the site that require special shipping arrangements or pickup. It allows the order to complete and the customer knows shipping has to be added with the information they were provided that directed them to use Store Pickup.

I will have to think of some way to ensure the customer is aware.

I thank you very much for the assist and will take if from there.

Stan

Plugin Contributions

Just had another piece of information from the store owner that should make things fine and something I had not thought of.

He says
    applying tax at local pick up sounds correct,
    as they are in florida for the purchase.

Thanks again
    Stan