Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to make inactive one shipping table if the order get more than 4 kg?

Hi guys,

I have tried to search the answer without success. So I hope somebody know the answer.

I need to make one of my table rate shipping method inactive if the order is bigger than 4 kg. The reason is because if the order is more than 5 kg. that would suppose to use bigger size box that it is allowed by the post. So that I want this shipping method to be inactive and let the user less options.

Thank you in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to make inactive one shipping table if the order get more than 4 kg?

What is the specific shipping module that you want to turn off when weight is greater than 4?

What version Zen Cart are you using?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to make inactive one shipping table if the order get more than 4 kg?

Hi,

The shipping module is Table shipping. Zen Cart version is 1.5.4.

Plugin Contributions

You can customize the file:
    /includes/modules/shipping/table.php

by adding the code in RED:
    Code:
    // bof: skip if over 4
    if ($shipping_weight > 4) {
      //skip
    } else {
        $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
        'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_TITLE . $show_box_weight,
        'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
        'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_WAY,
        'cost' => $shipping + (MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING_METHOD == 'Box' ? MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING * $shipping_num_boxes : MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING) ) ));
    }
    // eof: skip if over 4

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,

Thank you!

It is amazing how people in this forum are helping!

So far is working perfect! Thank you again!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this is working for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

How cool, I've been trying to work how to do that for ages,

Very handy,

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for letting us know that this was able to help you as well ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to get the shipping weight of an order afterwards?

I'm trying to generate a feed file to make Interlink shipping labels. The problem is that I can't find a way to get it to include the correct weights.

There is a very old plugin that does this, but it takes the list of products in the order, works out the weight of each and uses that as the weight of the order. I'm able to add a calculation for packaging, but I'm not able to find a way to include additional weights of attributes.

It looks easy enough to do it for the contents of the basket (using the $shipping_weight), but less obvious (to me) how to do it for an order in the system. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Is there a way to get the shipping weight of an order afterwards?

I'm trying to generate a feed file to make Interlink shipping labels. The problem is that I can't find a way to get it to include the correct weights.

There is a very old plugin that does this, but it takes the list of products in the order, works out the weight of each and uses that as the weight of the order. I'm able to add a calculation for packaging, but I'm not able to find a way to include additional weights of attributes.

It looks easy enough to do it for the contents of the basket (using the $shipping_weight), but less obvious (to me) how to do it for an order in the system. Am I missing something?
    The order process includes a table for attributes (orders_products_attributes), the table on its own does not include the weight of the attributes, but does offer sufficient information to retrieve the associated attribute information that (still) exists in the store side.

There are three paths that I could see to address this. The first, would be to pull all of the order information together using a left join of the attributes order table and the data that might still exist in the store to obtain all of the weights. (risk is that at some point in the future the live store data may change, so "historical" information would be lost, but on a day-to-day basis would give up-to-date information.
    The second is to modify the various orders tables to capture the weight information and during the purchase process to store that data in the applicable table. Then retrieval would be similar as above but not include the live store data, just the order info.
    The third option (which I guess could be made to a fourth as well) would be to create a new table that contains all of the desired weight information and perhaps anything else seen as important to the shipping process that could be either pulled in like above or is a self standing table to obtain order weight information and then as necessary linked to other order data.

Whatever method is chosen, it could also make sense to use a combination of methods at the beginning if relatively recent historical information is needed for more than just "today's" shipment with the expectation that once the order history is "established" that only logged order info would be valued. At the same time, by having a live versus recorded comparison available, one could then compare the old with any new plans....

I know not direct code assistance, but does seem like there is some things to be considered before jumping in with code.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast