Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sales and order status question

When I look at a sale or order I have 4 status choices.

I cant remember where but I know I can change them or the wording.

I have :
    1] Pending which I assume means I have an order.......
    2] Processing............ I do not know what this means?
    3] Delivered........ the result of my changing the text in the forgotten place
    4] Update.......... which I am hoping is a reminder that the item is shipped maybe???

What is the best list of the 4 choices??? I am thinking that pending, then processing while I package etc........... then I am lost

Any advice is appreciated!

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales and order status question

Hi Mike

To change your wording: Admin, Localisation, Orders Status.

I have mine changed to:
    Pending (ordered but not paid)
    Processing (paid - you can set your payment modules to change the status to processing)
    Shipped (I do this manually & have the shipping notification plugin which tells people their tracking code)
    Cancelled (this doesn't add back the stock, I need to do this manually).

Some people pay me by bank transfer or the payment fails, their orders stay in pending until I manually change them to processing (check the bank in the morning) & then I ship everything in processing.

The default choices didn't make sense to me so I made my own.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Yes and thanks it does help...... I mainly try to do all the shipping thru paypal and have been setting the order to shipped with no email sent and leave it there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Pending = "Received an order for which payment is still pending, ie: unpaid" -- example: waiting for a check/moneyorder to arrive in the mail

Processing = "Paid order received. We are "processing" the order in our warehouse to ready it for shipping"

Delivered = "Has been shipped"

Update = "This is a special status which is used to re-activate expired downloads on an order containing virtual items." - Has nothing to do with shipping.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks........... SOmetimes newbs need a little more info in the directions. Like me. I was wanting to use an add on for managing as it is hard to buy shipping on paypal or USPS siteand then add tracking number to order.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ParseRaider View Post
    Many thanks........... SOmetimes newbs need a little more info in the directions. Like me. I was wanting to use an add on for managing as it is hard to buy shipping on paypal or USPS siteand then add tracking number to order.
    You can just copy/paste the tracking number from "their" site into the admin comments area of the order on "your" site and click update. That makes the tracking number visible to both you and your customer.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh Cool. I am a little scared to do much as i dont want emails clogging my customers mailboxes. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ParseRaider View Post
    Oh Cool. I am a little scared to do much as i dont want emails clogging my customers mailboxes. Thanks!
    You can click the checkbox to "not email the customer" whenever you do an admin update there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can just copy/paste the tracking number from "their" site into the admin comments area of the order on "your" site and click update. That makes the tracking number visible to both you and your customer.
    It is not something that fits everyone's needs but when/if you use Stamps.com or ShipStation.com (uses Stamps.com account), tracking numbers are posted back to the zencart order comments automatically along with sending an email with tracking info to the customer (if so desired).

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can click the checkbox to "not email the customer" whenever you do an admin update there.
    It would take me a bit to look through my notes, but there is a relatively easy code change to change the default from Notify Customer-email to default Notify Customer - NO email (that small change sure simplified our life when adding comments to orders)
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I tryed Stamps.com the other day and it crashed my server big time! We do not know why and it did it like 4 hours after we installed the program. I got ahold of Stamps people and we could not figure the problem. The file they have you upload for zencart is like 1/3 the databites that the one in zencart that it replaced. Also it was for an earlier version of zencart . At any rate we got it back online but I have not recieved any word from Stamps about a fix and they also said no one else had problems.
    I will try again if we ever start selling any amount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast