Plugin Contributions

Default Numinix Product Fields / Google Merchant feed error

I have installed Merchant feed and now Product fields to enable me to upload EAN information to Google.

I had previously installed product fields in an older Z.C. version and then removed it but not before adding field UPC in the preset menu.
    Using the same database i have upgraded to 1.5.5a and reinstalled product fields module and now when I set google feed to include the EAN I get an error making the file.

I have included the error log which seems to suggest the UPC field is somewhere in my database causing the error?
    In the Current product field list the UPC is NOT added, when I try to add it I get the error "The selected field was unable to be installed due to insufficient server permissions, please contact your host" yet I can add any of the other preloaded fields like products_date_added.

Am I correct in assuming there is a column in a table somewhere looking for the UPC information and thats why the Merchant Feed doesn't work?

[08-May-2016 10:03:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'p.products_upc' in 'field list' :: SELECT distinct(pd.products_name), p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter, p.products_priced_by_attribute, p.products_type, GREATEST(p.products_date_added, IFNULL(p.products_last_modified, 0), IFNULL(p.products_date_available, 0)) AS base_date, p.products_date_available, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_quantity, pt.type_handler, p.products_weight, p.products_upc, p.products_isbn, p.products_ean
    FROM products p
    LEFT JOIN manufacturers m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id)
    LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON (p.products_id = pd.products_id)
    LEFT JOIN product_types pt ON (p.products_type=pt.type_id)WHERE p.products_status = 1
    AND p.products_type <> 3
    AND p.product_is_call <> 1
    AND p.product_is_free <> 1
    AND pd.language_id = 1
    AND (
    p.products_image IS NOT NULL
    OR p.products_image != ''
    OR p.products_image != 'no_picture.gif'
    )
    GROUP BY pd.products_name
    ORDER BY p.products_id ASC; ==> (as called by) /home2/lsac/public_html/googlefroogle.php on line 171 <== in /home2/lsac/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 167
    www.candlewithcare.co.uk
    Luxury Scented
    Candles at great prices!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinix Product Fields / Google Merchant feed error

Quote Originally Posted by CandleMan View Post
    Unknown column 'p.products_upc' in 'field list'
    That means the products_upc field is missing from your database, but the PHP files are expecting it to be there. So, either add it to the db, or take it out of the PHP files you added.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea where either of those will be.
    I dont need the products_upc so I assume I need to remove it but then im assuming it would be easier just to add it into the database.
    which table and where do I add it to in the database (and how)?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you don't need the field, then find the Numinix file for extra-product-fields where that field is added, and remove it from there.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have looked via developers tool kit and found 4 files
    npf_includes/prebuilt_fields/UPC/Your_Admin/includes/languages/english/npf_Definitions/ups_isbn.php
    npf_includes/prebuilt_fields/UPC/Your_Admin/includes/npf_includes/npf_sql/upc_isbn.php
    npf_includes/prebuilt_fields/UPC/Your_Admin/includes/npf_includes/npf_sql_array/upc_isbn.php
    npf_includes/prebuilt_fields/UPC/Your_Admin/includes/npf_includes/npf_templates/upc_isbn.php

and removed the code mentioning the UPS and still get an error.

I have also edited includes/classes/google_base.php and also get the same error.

Where can I find this in the Table?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

[08-May-2016 10:03:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'p.products_upc' in 'field list' :: SELECT distinct(pd.products_name), p.products_id, p.products_model, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter, p.products_priced_by_attribute, p.products_type, GREATEST(p.products_date_added, IFNULL(p.products_last_modified, 0), IFNULL(p.products_date_available, 0)) AS base_date, p.products_date_available, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_quantity, pt.type_handler, p.products_weight, p.products_upc, p.products_isbn, p.products_ean
    FROM products p
    LEFT JOIN manufacturers m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id)
    LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON (p.products_id = pd.products_id)
    LEFT JOIN product_types pt ON (p.products_type=pt.type_id)WHERE p.products_status = 1
    AND p.products_type <> 3
    AND p.product_is_call <> 1
    AND p.product_is_free <> 1
    AND pd.language_id = 1
    AND (
    p.products_image IS NOT NULL
    OR p.products_image != ''
    OR p.products_image != 'no_picture.gif'
    )
    GROUP BY pd.products_name
    ORDER BY p.products_id ASC; ==> (as called by) /home2/lsac/public_html/googlefroogle.php on line 171 <== in /home2/lsac/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 167
    Based on the error message you posted earlier, it seems line 171 of your froogle script is initiating the database query. So the lines above that are likely what's preparing the SQL query which includes the extra field. It might perhaps be adding the field as part of some settings you've used in the Numinix Extra Fields module ... so it might be a settings thing rather than just a code thing. Of course Numinix knows their code better than I do.

Plugin Contributions

Its a complete minefield for me I'm afraid.
    All I want to do is add relevant GTIN data to my products so that Google don't stop my listings on the 16th May

Is there any other Mods that will do this?

Plugin Contributions

Its a complete minefield for me I'm afraid.
    All I want to do is add relevant GTIN data to my products so that Google don't stop my listings on the 16th May

Is there any other Mods that will do this?
    I think you are not alone. I am looking for options to resolve the issue. I Have added ean barcodes from the numinix dropdown and am testing if these do the job. Please get back if you can confirm a solution sooner.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I have tried again and following these steps it looks like it works.

Install all the files and the mod files.
    go to admin > Catalog > numinix product fields.
    add the field upc.

then upload from the files and folders from the install files
    catalog/YOUR ADMIN/npf_includes/prebuilt_fields/upc/YOUR_ADMIN/ to your ADMIN
    then run the sql file for the UPC through your zencart admin which is in catalog/YOUR ADMIN/npf_includes/prebuilt_fields/upc/

I have then gone to google feed config page and changed UPC/ISBN/EAN to true and it looks like it is working

Plugin Contributions

Ok I have tried again and following these steps it looks like it works.

Install all the files and the mod files.
    go to admin > Catalog > numinix product fields.
    add the field upc.

then upload from the files and folders from the install files
    catalog/YOUR ADMIN/npf_includes/prebuilt_fields/upc/YOUR_ADMIN/ to your ADMIN
    then run the sql file for the UPC through your zencart admin which is in catalog/YOUR ADMIN/npf_includes/prebuilt_fields/upc/

I have then gone to google feed config page and changed UPC/ISBN/EAN to true and it looks like it is working

I can't even add the UPC field. It's saying "The selected field was unable to be installed due to insufficient server permissions, please contact your host."

I contacted the host/web team and they're saying it's not on their end and I should read the instructions..

What instructions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My boss needs this to be functioning for the businesses Google Shopping Feed.

Cheers,

Ash

ZC 1.5.4
    shortyshvac.com
    shortyspumps.com