Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Pro PayFlo UK goes off site

Just enabled PayPal Payment Pro opn Zencart - using version 1.5.4 - Changed Express to read PayFlow UK, inserted Vendor, User and Password given by PayPal, all seems ok, but when user checks out it shows the PayPal payment as an option, then step 3 of 4 wen user presses confirm it shows the PayPal spin buttin wih a message "Securely logging you in" (weird) then goes off site to payPal and there's another message that comes up: "You are logging in to the account of the seller for this purchase. Please change your login information and try again." (See enclosed)
    Name:  paypalpro.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  27.3 KB

I thought the whole idea was for the payment to stay on site and the user to enter card detials.

Have I missed something - can anyone help?

Using Winchester Responsive template and FEC

Cliff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Pro PayFlo UK goes off site

Quote Originally Posted by cliffvt View Post
    and there's another message that comes up: "You are logging in to the account of the seller for this purchase. Please change your login information and try again."
    That particular message is only showing to *you* because *your* customer paypal account is also the same account that your store is using to receive funds. Your customers won't see that message.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffvt View Post
    Just enabled PayPal Payment Pro opn Zencart - using version 1.5.4 - Changed Express to read PayFlow UK, inserted Vendor, User and Password given by PayPal, all seems ok, but when user checks out it shows the PayPal payment as an option, then step 3 of 4 wen user presses confirm it shows the PayPal spin buttin wih a message "Securely logging you in"
    Payflow Pro doesn't show up as "PayPal". Instead it shows up as a set of credit-card input fields for them to enter their card details.

But a couple things are happening here:

a) The "PayPal" radio-button is there because that's part of the Express Checkout stuff ... and PayPal requires that you offer that as an option (which appears "in addition to" the credit-card fields that the Pro module also adds.
    So, there's nothing wrong that the PayPal option is showing. That's expected.

b) The Payflow module only works if your site has SSL enabled. If the checkout page isn't being served over HTTPS then the credit card fields won't be displayed on your site. Maybe that's what's wrong in your case?

c) The FEC plugin changes a lot of checkout-related files. Maybe it's interfering with normal operation? I never use FEC so I can't offer much support for it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Pro PayFlo UK goes off site

Thanks Dr Byte

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    b) The Payflow module only works if your site has SSL enabled. If the checkout page isn't being served over HTTPS then the credit card fields won't be displayed on your site. Maybe that's what's wrong in your case?

c) The FEC plugin changes a lot of checkout-related files. Maybe it's interfering with normal operation? I never use FEC so I can't offer much support for it.
    Yes, we have an SSL site so thats not the issue - I think you may be right that its FEC changing the behavior. Now to find that problem.... :)

Cheers

Cliff