Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate CSV and Excel: how do I update all my product data quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by wmorris View Post
    Nevermind I got it figured out. I forgot import it into the Database.
    Was just going to ask about that. :) glad you figured it out.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate CSV and Excel: how do I update all my product data quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Was just going to ask about that. :) glad you figured it out.
    Maybe you can help me with another thing with Excel. Since I updated my 430 items. I am trying delete the rows that has the items from my Main Warehouse Excel so when I add more products to my website so I won't accidentally enter it twice.

Plugin Contributions

Would do a similar vlookup to assign a value to one of your unused columns in your "warehouse" spreadsheet. Then sort on that column, delete the rows that have something in them in that column. Therefore assuming this worksheet remains the "working" sheet between the two locations, there will never be a match from the zc store to the warehouse after this deletion.

Now, if you're needing more "comparing"/updating, then would need to set things up differently. Just realize that the more involved you make this, the more some other "database" like tool makes sense to use. With that type tool you could track the last time something changed, was updated, etc... otherwise you sort of end up making a spreadsheet or group of spreadsheets act like a database. It gets messy if try to go that route.

Plugin Contributions

Would do a similar vlookup to assign a value to one of your unused columns in your "warehouse" spreadsheet. Then sort on that column, delete the rows that have something in them in that column. Therefore assuming this worksheet remains the "working" sheet between the two locations, there will never be a match from the zc store to the warehouse after this deletion.

Now, if you're needing more "comparing"/updating, then would need to set things up differently. Just realize that the more involved you make this, the more some other "database" like tool makes sense to use. With that type tool you could track the last time something changed, was updated, etc... otherwise you sort of end up making a spreadsheet or group of spreadsheets act like a database. It gets messy if try to go that route.
    Got another question, there are other people are selling the same thing what I am selling from the same warehouse. I want to know on the Quantity is there a way say "25" in stock will consider out of stock?

Plugin Contributions

Got another question, there are other people are selling the same thing what I am selling from the same warehouse. I want to know on the Quantity is there a way say "25" in stock will consider out of stock?
    The usual answer to this is adjust the quantity to 25 less when uploading...

Would depend on what part of "out-of-stock" you are referring. For example if you want the product to still be visible but to just display out of stock, or if there happens to be 26 and a customer orders 2 would they only be allowed 1 of the item?

Plugin Contributions

The usual answer to this is adjust the quantity to 25 less when uploading...

Would depend on what part of "out-of-stock" you are referring. For example if you want the product to still be visible but to just display out of stock, or if there happens to be 26 and a customer orders 2 would they only be allowed 1 of the item?
    Lets say, my warehouse has 20 in stock then when I enter or update the database below 25 it considers out of stock and still shows the product.

Plugin Contributions

Lets say, my warehouse has 20 in stock then when I enter or update the database below 25 it considers out of stock and still shows the product.
    Can accomplish the same thing with reducing the total quantity uploaded by 25, then when a quantity reaches zero, the product can be prevented from being placed on back-order, the product remains in stock, but unavailable for purchase.

You can add a statement on your website about how the quantity maintained is less than what is in store. This can be very important because there may actually be visitors "to your warehouse" that wish to look up a product and if they see the difference in quantity without that bit of explanation, it can cause an issue/concern.

Obviously the more "robust" solution is for the quantities of the two to be tracked together. That way a reduction of stock on one side is reflected on the other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12