Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact us dropdown menu not working properly

"You still have this listed in the contact area
    Code:
    Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List Carol <[email protected]>
    "

That's how it ends up looking after I put the information in correctly. It becomes plain text, not html. That is the problem.
    The email settings on the admin page are working fine. The contact us form works fine as long as I don't put in an email addy,

I don't think I've been able to be clear about the problem I'm having but I appreciate your willingness to help. I'll continue to search for an answer.

Carol

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spminis View Post
    "You still have this listed in the contact area
    Code:
    Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List Carol <[email protected]>
    "

That's how it ends up looking after I put the information in correctly. It becomes plain text, not html. That is the problem.
    The email settings on the admin page are working fine. The contact us form works fine as long as I don't put in an email addy,

I don't think I've been able to be clear about the problem I'm having but I appreciate your willingness to help. I'll continue to search for an answer.

Carol
    The suggestion from earlier was to remove the name and the additional "symbols" before and after the email address such that only an email address is placed in the field. The ampersand followed by lt; or gt; represents less than and greater than respectfully in "html". And currently what is happening is that if one enters <email@somewhere> those symbols are converted to the html equivalent. Further, if you open the entry and save it again the ampersand is then converted to its html equivalent (double converted basically) and therefore you end up with &amp;lt; do it again and it will continue to "grow". So... the suggestion was, don't use such "special" symbols and only enter an email address. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The suggestion from earlier was to remove the name and the additional "symbols" before and after the email address such that only an email address is placed in the field. The ampersand followed by lt; or gt; represents less than and greater than respectfully in "html". And currently what is happening is that if one enters <email@somewhere> those symbols are converted to the html equivalent. Further, if you open the entry and save it again the ampersand is then converted to its html equivalent (double converted basically) and therefore you end up with &lt; do it again and it will continue to "grow". So... the suggestion was, don't use such "special" symbols and only enter an email address. :)
    Sorry, I thought I mentioned previously that I had tried that (email with no special characters) and it didn't work.
    I'm just curious as to why, before I upgraded, the email addys for the contact us drop down were shown correctly and after I upgraded there was a problem. It's not a major problem, as the form works without the email addy but it was a nice feature.
    Carol

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spminis View Post
    Sorry, I thought I mentioned previously that I had tried that (email with no special characters) and it didn't work.
    I'm just curious as to why, before I upgraded, the email addys for the contact us drop down were shown correctly and after I upgraded there was a problem. It's not a major problem, as the form works without the email addy but it was a nice feature.
    Carol
    No problem, I was just trying to clarify the latest. :) I think we all now understand what you had tried and what didn't work. :)

I too had just tried several variations of email addresses and the contact us form in my tests (code downloaded 2 days ago from the main page of this site) is not presenting a pick list (yet) in either template and in fact contrary to the configuration text is not displayed at all (currently). I'll be looking to see why, but could also be because of some other incomplete entries.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I cannot repeat this in v155a ... can you make sure that your files are all current and up to date on the server?
    Click the product to "edit it", but don't, just save and update. Returns html characters on storefront.
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

WORK AROUND/FIX
    After upgrading to 1.5.5a, emails were not sending to any addresses with format of "Name Here <[email protected]>". Zen Cart is changing the characters as it inserts them into the database. My workaround or fix was to edit the database directly and correct the converted characters to "<>".

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlnunes View Post
    WORK AROUND/FIX
    After upgrading to 1.5.5a, emails were not sending to any addresses with format of "Name Here <[email protected]>". Zen Cart is changing the characters as it inserts them into the database. My workaround or fix was to edit the database directly and correct the converted characters to "<>".
    That's because you haven't applied this bugfix: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....d-TWSL2016-006

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12