Plugin Contributions

Default Terms date of last change

I am seeking code to return the dates of when my privacy, terms of use and terms of sale files were last saved, so that I can compare these dates with a customer's last login date and provide the customer with a notice that the various terms have been updated since their last visit.

The privacy, terms of use and terms of sale files currently all reside in includes/languages/english/html_includes, eg define_privacy.php, so I am seeking the date of each of the files in that directory.

The reason for this request is that the code will be incorporated in an application separate to the ordinary use of the shopping cart.

Is anyone aware of existing code similar in the zc releases or plugins.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Terms date of last change

The php function: filemtime could be used to obtain the last modify date of each such file with the use of the zen_get_module_directory function used to obtain the file(s) from the correct template override file.

Issue to address in the process is to capture the last login date before it is updated by signing on. Generally speaking signing on could come from a few different directions so will want to "conveniently" work with the customer when the check is performed/user is at a point for each of the respective policy points.

Currently there is already an acceptance of policy option in the checkout process though it does not depend on such last modification date.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Terms date of last change

Thanks MC# that was the kind of thing I was looking/hoping for.

re the last login date, I am now trending towards saving the dates that a customer accepts each of the various terms via a redirect from the login page.

Been looking at Lat9s news_box_manager-2.1.0 for clues. Still early days however.

Thanks