Plugin Contributions

red flag Your available shipping options have changed. Please re-select your desired shipping

Hi Guys,

I am in need of some help with a looping problem when a customer is logged in and PayPal is the only checkout choice. If i use another payment processor eg. 2checkout everything works fine, so i know it is a PayPal issue.

How do i turn off this message:

"Your available shipping options have changed. Please re-select your desired shipping method."

This problem occurs when the customer is logged in to the cart and adds or deletes a product in their checkout shopping cart:

When they are logged in to the cart as customer if they change their cart by adding or deleting a product the looping problem occurs, and the above message comes up.

It continues to happen which ever shipping method they choose even free shipping.

I know for a fact it is a PayPal zencart problem.

Has anybody ever had or seen or even fixed this problem as it is quite annoying as you loose the customer when it starts to loop.

At the moment i offer express checkout which works fine. The problem occurs only when the customer logs in and happens to change whats in the cart after logging in, other wise the checkout from log works fine.

If nobody knows a fix for this can someone please point me to an expert which can get to the bottom of this quickly.
    I love Zencart!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your available shipping options have changed. Please re-select your desired shipp

Sounds more like a shipping problem.

Why exactly is it saying the shipping options have changed? That normally only happens when the customer adds/removes something that makes their previously-chosen shipping option invalid (ie: free shipping no longer qualifies)

Or maybe you've altered your site so that a certain shipping default option is forced on all customers unless they choose otherwise?

Are you also really still using v1.5.1 ? A lot of issues related to both shipping and PayPal have been fixed in newer versions of Zen Cart.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your available shipping options have changed. Please re-select your desired shipp

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sounds more like a shipping problem.

Why exactly is it saying the shipping options have changed? That normally only happens when the customer adds/removes something that makes their previously-chosen shipping option invalid (ie: free shipping no longer qualifies)

Or maybe you've altered your site so that a certain shipping default option is forced on all customers unless they choose otherwise?

Are you also really still using v1.5.1 ? A lot of issues related to both shipping and PayPal have been fixed in newer versions of Zen Cart.
    Hi Dr Byte, yes all has been OK till i got tired of being ripped off by 2checkout and went back to PayPal. The problem has been present since i first upgraded from a 1.3x zencart to 1.51.

Looks like an upgrade is needed.

One question i have been meaning to ask if i update to the latest zencart version.

Can i keep my site front end as it is now if i do an upgrade?

Or will i need to go to the HUGE expense of a new template, new graphics, lose product page formatting, and on and on $$$$

I have thousands of products.

being that it is still in the 1.5x region i was hoping it might be painless.

If this is the case? about how much should i be paying a reputable site version upgrader ???

Thanks for any info on this
    I love Zencart!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

With every upgrade there are often small changes to template files, which you can usually merge into your own custom template to bring it up to date too.

One benefit of v155 is that it comes with a Responsive template out-of-the-box. You don't have to use it right away, but if you like the benefits it offers you could certainly have someone merge your unique customizations and branding into a copy of it to benefit from that etc.

By default an upgrade retains all your product data, if you follow the recommended upgrade procedure: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    With every upgrade there are often small changes to template files, which you can usually merge into your own custom template to bring it up to date too.

One benefit of v155 is that it comes with a Responsive template out-of-the-box. You don't have to use it right away, but if you like the benefits it offers you could certainly have someone merge your unique customizations and branding into a copy of it to benefit from that etc.

By default an upgrade retains all your product data, if you follow the recommended upgrade procedure: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3
    Thanks for the great INFO this has been a great help
    I love Zencart!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sgallasch View Post
    Thanks for the great INFO this has been a great help
    I know this is an older post, but I have this problem now and then with ZenCart 1.55e. So, this comment is to help those. What causes it in my shopping cart, is the USPS shipping module rejecting an an unknown zip code! If I check into the customers city and state, then Google: "zip code 'city state'", generally I find one digit is incorrect and is usually a number next to the right number on the keyboard. I then edit the zip code for the customer in the Admin area. Then the "Your available shipping options have changed. Please re-select your desired shipping." message error goes away, and the shipping cost correctly shows. BUT, sometimes I or the customer has to refresh the page after the zip code is corrected, in order to update the page too as it sometimes gets saved into cache.