Just discovered a weird isue on a store upgraded from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5a with the shipping tax being correctly added in the front end (checkout pages) but the shipping tax is not added to the shipping charge in the order and the invoice.

Never noticed this until now since all other orders were over the free shipping limit of $150 hence no shipping is charged.

During the checkout process the shipping shows correctly at say $8.00 but the customer order confirmation shows $7.27 (tax is 10%, $7.27 excl + 10% tax = $8.00).

When I did the upgrade I uninstalled then re-installed the relevant Zones module and entered all values as they were in 1.5.4 - had no issues with the old ZC version. No other changes in the general tax setup has been made, same stuff now as it was in 1.5.4

No coupons, no nothing else involved........

So I double-checked the code for the zones module and it is exactly the same as in the install file set (bar the fact that it is a clone (always has been for years), all renamed from zones to zones4 in the clone). Also compared again various functions (general, prices, taxes) in the includes/functions folder to eliminate any merging errors. Order.php class is ok as well. No upgrading/merging mistakes made..... all looks as it should.

Bottom line is that I am stumped.

Could this be a bug??

Or am I missing something??

Thanks / Frank