Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping tax not added in order confirmation - possible bug??

Quote Originally Posted by mmcculli View Post
    I have moved the line down and it seem to have worked. Taxes on Shipping are now showing up as they did before I upgraded to 1.5.5a. So this very small change looks to have fixed the issue.

So what are the side-effects of this change?
    Hi

Currently hoping there aren't any. I updated our functional test suite recently, just to test this. The changes did not break any of the tests relating to tax calculations.

Plugin Contributions

I am not really sure of your internal process with bugs. I assume you need to run the change through some regression test units. So do I wait for an official patch or will you just reply to this thread if it looks ok for me to move live.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

At this point our internal tests are showing no obvious ill side effects.

If it were my site I'd go live with it now ... and keep a careful eye on order traffic and any errors in the /logs/ folder, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe this could/should be added to the "Known Bugs (and fixes) with v1.5.5" tread, so people know why the have tax issues?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rued View Post
    Maybe this could/should be added to the "Known Bugs (and fixes) with v1.5.5" tread, so people know why the have tax issues?
    Are you saying you've been encountering this same issue yourself?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Several people have, including me on several sites, yes.
    Have disabled most countries and turned of zone restrictions for now in a few sites, but most are pending updating because of this bug.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rued View Post
    Several people have, including me on several sites, yes.
    Have disabled most countries and turned of zone restrictions for now in a few sites, but most are pending updating because of this bug.
    I wish I could reproduce it. Particularly because I want to understand why it wasn't an issue in v154, especially since the code in the proposed fix didn't change between versions.

Beyond reproducing it I'd be even more interested in knowing exactly what's caused the change between versions.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, I'll make you a test site then, after my holiday - or on a rainy day. :)

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

I can confirm the same issue happened to me upgrading from v1.5.1 to v1.5.5a. I thought I had corrupted something, but then found this post. I turned off the zone on the shipping module as suggested by Ajeh and it started to work as expected. So I've just implemented Dr Byte's suggested code change and all working again with a zone specified in the shipping module. I'll update you all if there are any logs or side effects appearing.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

As an update to the fix DrByte mentioned. It works fine for my worldpay payment, however when a customer pays 'on account' using the invoice mod from the add ons the shipping is once again calculated without tax on the shipping. I can rectify the issue by removing the zone from the shipping module again.

Is anyone else able to re-produce this error?

It is worth noting that the invoice mod is only officially compatible with v1.5.1, however I can't see where in its code it would effect the shipping tax? And if it happens with this payment add on, how many others may be affected?

If anyone else could offer any ideas, they'll be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast