Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping tax not added in order confirmation - possible bug??

I just upgraded to 1.5.5a from 1.5.4 and I have the exact same issues as report here. My order during checkout process is showing everything right. Shipping tax is included. But once the customer purchases using PayPal and then returned to the website the Shipping taxes are now not being shown. Plus the email confirmation also doesn't include the shipping taxes included. Therefore got customers calling as Paypal has charged them more then what the confirmation email showed. Of course Paypal is correct as everything was right during checkout, but tax on shipping missing after.

If anyone who also had this issue, what exactly did you do to fix the issue. Is the issues with the zones, shipping modules?

Plugin Contributions

What shipping module are you using?

Do you have display prices with tax in Catalog and the Admin turned on or off?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Also in the Zone Definitions for taxes, what Country is set?

Do you see Please Select or All Zones or do you have individual Zones added?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mmcculli View Post
    I just upgraded to 1.5.5a from 1.5.4 and I have the exact same issues as report here. My order during checkout process is showing everything right. Shipping tax is included. But once the customer purchases using PayPal and then returned to the website the Shipping taxes are now not being shown. Plus the email confirmation also doesn't include the shipping taxes included. Therefore got customers calling as Paypal has charged them more then what the confirmation email showed. Of course Paypal is correct as everything was right during checkout, but tax on shipping missing after.

If anyone who also had this issue, what exactly did you do to fix the issue. Is the issues with the zones, shipping modules?
    And in addition to Ajeh's questions, did you uninstall then re-install your shipping modules when upgrading?

From the upgrade instructions (found in the /docs folder):

NOTICE: Re: Payment AND Shipping Modules

You will need to re-install all your active payment and shipping modules as part of your upgrade:

• BEFORE UPGRADING, Take note of the login IDs, transaction keys, email addresses and other settings already configured in EACH of your Payment AND Shipping modules (You'll need this info so you can re-enter it after Installing the modules again).
    • Remove each module by clicking the "Remove" button for each one.
    • AFTER UPGRADING, Install each module (that you're using) in Admin->Modules->Payment and Admin->Modules->Shipping in order to take advantage of the bugfixes and feature improvements in each module. (you do NOT need to do this with modules you're NOT using. If you're no longer using a certain module anymore and it doesn't have a red dot next to it, click the "Remove" button to save on processing performance.)
    • Re-enter all your configuration settings for each module as you go along. BE SURE TO TEST each one before you take your store live again, to make sure you've got all your settings entered correctly.

Plugin Contributions

I am using Table Rate Shipping Modules. I didn't uninstall and reinstall any of the modules (Shipping or Payment). I didn't see that instructions, I figured going for 1.5.4 to 1.5.5a would be a small upgrade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 8.55.33 AM.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	16382

I am in Canada. I have the Zone Definitions groups by Provinces and each province in Canada has different tax rates, plus the shipping cost(Table Rate) would be also different by province. So have I 4 clones(copy) for the Table.php.

Plugin Contributions

I have removed and reinstalled the Table Rate Shipping Module. Still no luck. The part I find interesting is it shows the taxes and total right during the checkout process. It is not until you complete the order does it show the taxes/total wrong. It forwards the right amount to the payment module (PayPal). But once complete and you are on the "main_page=checkout_success" page doe it show the taxes wrong. Plus the email sent out is also wrong. How does it do everything right until the end, plus there was not to many changes to ZenCart 1.5.5a from 1.5.4 I thought looking at the list.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 9.50.42 AM.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	16383

Plugin Contributions

Just as a test, if you edit one of the Table rates and leave the setting for the Taxes but remove the Zone setting, does it work?

Then if you edit it again and put back the Zone setting, does it break again?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes it works if I removed the Zone Setting. When I add the zone setting back in it breaks again.

Plugin Contributions

Still not sure of the fix yet but this helps to narrow it down ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Is there any screenshot I can sent for you can see how I have it setup. Been running the same setup since version 1.3.8 without issues.

It is a little confusing as each province has difference tax rates. See image below were I show the breakdown. I separated shipping from products.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 10.48.09 AM.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	16385

Next in the Zone Definitions area. I have grouped the different zones(provinces) and their taxes. But for Shipping zone definitions I don't have taxes linked in, just the zones. (they are yellow status)

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 10.47.33 AM.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	16386

Then if you look at the Table Rate I link in the Tax Class and Shipping Zones.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 10.47.18 AM.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	16387

Maybe there is a better way now days to configure this. I setup on configuration based on an article I found back in 2009. Worked fine until I upgraded to 1.5.5a.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast