Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping tax not added in order confirmation - possible bug??

Fresh eyes and brain...... thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by wilt View Post
    Firstly, I assume you have set a Tax Class against your shipping module
    Yes, same since Nov 2007

You must also have previously created a 'Shipping Tax Class' in admin/tax_classes.php
    Yes, no change since Nov 2007

Then a Shipping Tax Rate in admin/tax_rates.php using the 'Shipping Tax Class' and assigning it to a Zone
    Is the Zone there the same as say the Zone you use for product taxes, or did you create a new zone for the shipping tax
    Yes, there is only one single Tax Class.

Everything was working perfectly until the last upgrade. Shipping charge always showed with 10% GST included.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Okay, this I think is the issue ...

Where it says Please Select, do you see the 8 sub zones in the drop down?

If so, can you add each of the 8 sub zones?

Does it work?
    Now added all 8 sub zones (previously the setting was 'All Zones' for Australia), did a test order and the shipping charge still shows without GST. Didn't think it would make any difference by adding all 8 sub zones as that is the same as have the setting 'All Zones'.

I know this is a recording, but the shipping charge always showed perfectly until the last upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5a

The interesting bit is that the shipping charge shows correctly (incl GST) during the entire checkout process (customer side) but is wrong in admin, order and invoice.

Plugin Contributions

Does it show right on the checkout_success? (where it says Thank You to the customer and shows the details of the order)
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Does it show right on the checkout_success? (where it says Thank You to the customer and shows the details of the order)

Thanks Ajeh, on my checkout_success page it shows just

Your Order Number is: 11013054

Thank You for Your Order Frank !
    Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you.

Using Responsive Sheffield Blue template (adapted all changes necessary for 1.5.5a , obtained a working file set from rbarbour).

Now that triggered a light bulb: I did another test order using the new Responsive Classic template. And there it shows shipping with no tax included.

So the fault must be happening when confirming the order....

Plugin Contributions

Is this a test upgrade to v155a?

If this is a Test or working site, as in not Live, can you switch to the Classic Template and try a checkout ... Does the checkout_success have the right numbers all the way through?

Is this a site that we can perhaps peek at?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Is this a test upgrade to v155a?

If this is a Test or working site, as in not Live, can you switch to the Classic Template and try a checkout ... Does the checkout_success have the right numbers all the way through?

Is this a site that we can perhaps peek at?
    I am doing all the testing on a local clone of the live site (frnt dot com dot au) - it is the live site where this became evident with a customer doing an order below the free shipping threshold of $150 (all other orders since upgrading were over $150 - hence no shipping charged and therefore no shipping tax applicable).

Just did another test (locally) using the Contemporary Classic Green and the same issue persists: all shows fine up and including the order_confirmation page but shipping shows excluding tax on the checkout_success page and in admin.

Plugin Contributions

Did another comparison (ZC install files vs site files) with my trusted Beyond Compare

includes/classes/order_total.php
    includes/classes/order.php
    includes/functions/functions_taxes.php

and a few other functions and various includes/modules/pages/....../header_php.php files but they all look identical!

Plugin Contributions

Got it working again.

Created another fresh clone for this module (zones4), tested it locally and it works as expected - all good.

All I can put this down to is a corrupted FTP transfer when I first uploaded all the new/modified files to the server after the upgrade was completed locally.

After that my usual practice is to zip up my local upgrade file set and then delete all files locally. Then I usually download a complete live site mirror so I have exactly the same file system locally as I have it on the live store, so the 2 sets were identical but for the 2 configure files.

After creating a new clone and testing it locally to satisfaction, the newly created clone (zones4) now runs ok on the live site.

A rare incident, I know, but sometimes you-know-what happens! Just cost me a bit more hair-loss.........

Thanks again to all for taking the time and assistance.

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Got it working again.

Created another fresh clone for this module (zones4), tested it locally and it works as expected - all good.

All I can put this down to is a corrupted FTP transfer when I first uploaded all the new/modified files to the server after the upgrade was completed locally.

After that my usual practice is to zip up my local upgrade file set and then delete all files locally. Then I usually download a complete live site mirror so I have exactly the same file system locally as I have it on the live store, so the 2 sets were identical but for the 2 configure files.

After creating a new clone and testing it locally to satisfaction, the newly created clone (zones4) now runs ok on the live site.

A rare incident, I know, but sometimes you-know-what happens! Just cost me a bit more hair-loss.........

Thanks again to all for taking the time and assistance.

Cheers / Frank
    In creating the clone... did you have to "install" it to the system? Ie. Any sql that had to be performed?

I don't/didn't see any such discussion (I thought) before.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    In creating the clone... did you have to "install" it to the system? Ie. Any sql that had to be performed?

I don't/didn't see any such discussion (I thought) before.
    Absolutely! That is common practice when uploading a new clone.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Absolutely! That is common practice when uploading a new clone.
    And with the "previous" clone "transferred" to this file system but already populated in the database (since 2007 )? Was it "removed" either prior to the database upgrade or upon the database upgrade and subsequently reinstalled?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast