Plugin Contributions

Default [Not a bug] best viewed products bug

When selecting one of the best viewed products, all the products in the category that the product is in shows up instead of just the product. Also the Product ID number isn't blue like the product purchased report is.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: best viewed products bug

Quote Originally Posted by mespe View Post
    When selecting one of the best viewed products, all the products in the category that the product is in shows up instead of just the product. Also the Product ID number isn't blue like the product purchased report is.
    In the products purchased report, the blue number is a link to filter the product based on who has purchased the product. While reviewing the products viewed listing, the same style link would really only fully show valuable information if all product to be viewed was hidden until a customer logged in. Otherwise would need to show the number of visitors and the number of logged in users that visited the product. ZC does not by default track who has visited a product, but it does (central operation) track who has purchased a product.

As to being taken to the category as a whole versus just presenting the one product, not sure it should be considered a bug, but could be a feature...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    In the products purchased report, the blue number is a link to filter the product based on who has purchased the product. While reviewing the products viewed listing, the same style link would really only fully show valuable information if all product to be viewed was hidden until a customer logged in. Otherwise would need to show the number of visitors and the number of logged in users that visited the product. ZC does not by default track who has visited a product, but it does (central operation) track who has purchased a product.

As to being taken to the category as a whole versus just presenting the one product, not sure it should be considered a bug, but could be a feature...
    Since I sell onezees twozees quality pre-owned Mercedes parts, after I make a sale, I put the item in a SOLD folder, because it's removed from the category that it was in. For example 450SL headlight sells, Well, I don't want to keep that listing in the 450SL category because it's NLA. I also don't want my customers going through thousands of parts that are already sold. But, I want to give my customer the ability to see the listing after purchase. So I move the listing to the "Sold" category, and there's no wasted time looking through sold listings. But when I go to products viewed, and click on the item, (which is now in the sold folder) ZC takes me to the original folder that the part was in. The part is no longer there. Now granted this tells me which car the part was pulled from, but after it's sold, that's really not that important.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The current behaviour appears to be:

a) if you click on the product "ID" number: it takes you to a list of all sales of that specific product ID.
    b) if you click on the product "name", it takes you to the category the product resides in, based on its master-category-id

So, if you've moved the product to a different category, it will take you to that new category.
    But if you "linked" it to a different category, and did not change its "master" category to be that new destination, then it will still take you to the original category.

Solution: If you want to have it take you to the "new" category, then either "move" it there (so it's no longer linked elsewhere), or edit it to change its master-category to be the new category (in your case, the "sold" category).

Doesn't appear to be any bug here.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.