Plugin Contributions

Default Your configure.php file is an old version and requires updating before we can continu

So I have the new version 155a in my test directory. I uploaded my old config files to the next test directory.

I kept getting a message telling me that install needs to upgrade old config files. BUT....it wouldnt upgrade the files.

I finally figured out that the old config files have to be changed by me first to reflect the test directory. Then everything went well.

FYI

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your configure.php file is an old version and requires updating before we can con

Oh also, I discovered the worlds best file comparison tool......meldmerge. Unbelievable wonderful.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your configure.php file is an old version and requires updating before we can con

Alternatively when doing such an upgrade if the process of the following link were followed then the configure.php file(s) would automatically be generated and wouldn't require modification.

http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I read that prior to install. Had I done that then a new blank config file would have been created thereby indicating there is no dbase to be updated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    I read that prior to install. Had I done that then a new blank config file would have been created thereby indicating there is no dbase to be updated.
    Partially true at very particular points of the process... but not true if the process were fully followed.

The process calls for exporting the old database and importing it (effectively overwriting the default ZC data) into the database associated with the new store. At that point the database would be "old" and recognized as needing to be updated.

As to a blank configure.php file, not true. It pointing to a "blank" database, well again potentially partially true if in installation one chooses to not use the default ZC test product, but even then all the tables needed for a functional vanilla install of the store would be present.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...