Plugin Contributions

Default Ajax security fix November 2015

On Applying the Ajax fix for the security update I am now receiving the following error on the Ckeckout page.

"An unknown response null: :text/html; charset=utf-8: :SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed"

every time I complete a step. The error does not stop the processing but you have to click ok to continue. I have reverted back to the previous version.

Any Ideas?
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ajax security fix November 2015

Hi Mark,

Yes, you're right. Ian and I were talking about this earlier and discovered the same. I've posted an updated ajax.php file in the announcement thread.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....94#post1297794

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    On Applying the Ajax fix for the security update I am now receiving the following error on the Ckeckout page.

"An unknown response null: :text/html; charset=utf-8: :SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed"

every time I complete a step. The error does not stop the processing but you have to click ok to continue. I have reverted back to the previous version.

Any Ideas?
    Ideas that come to mind are the following:

1. Template is not "updated" to ZC 1.5.4 (Does problem persist if temporarily use default ZC template?)
    2. There is another "error" occurring that is perhaps logged in the /logs directory.
    3. Database is not utf-8/utf8 as applicable/appropriate
    4. Language file(s) are not utf-8/utf8 as applicable/appropriate
    5. configure.php file(s)are not utf-8/utf8 as applicable/appropriate
    6. There is already a problem with the code that is being highlighted by the usage of the correct ajax.php file... Compare files against a known unaltered set to verify that *all* files are modified only to the extent expected... This includes images and other extraneous files/folders/locations.
    7. Javascript error/conflict.
    8. SSL certificate issue. (does the same error occur when attempting to login, or go to the contact_us page?) Do you use a SSL certificate? Do you have your site a) partially or b) fully assigned to https or c) not using a SSL nor https:?

More information about your setup would be needed I think to give much else of a suggestion.

Nevermind the above... Apparently between the time that I read the message, went to download/install and test the update, and then post here??? Well DrB posted an updated version... :) So, I've left my "thoughts" above but it appears that the issue has been resolved as reported by the previous message.

Huh.. Although the version I tested was the old version and didn't get an error... But, I also don't have SSL on the test site... So, maybe more to follow...
    Last edited by mc12345678; 27 Nov 2015 at 06:51 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

New ajax file works fine. Thanks for the work and the feedback.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I was about to apply this fix but cannot find the ajax file on the server.
    I am wondering if this file is only an addon in which case I don't want or need to put this file in.
    If it is in the standard install please can someone tell me where. Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

veronicathecow,
    If you are using ZenCart v1.5.4 it should be at the root of your shop - if not then if you upgraded you missed something or if not you need to check your distribution files
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

To clarify Kobra's remarks, if you are *not* using 1.5.4, this change does not apply.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kobra and SWguy thanks for your replies.
    I am using 1.54 it was upgraded by a professional a while back.
    I have now found it in the root of public, thank you I did a search before (using FTP and the Zen Cart tools) and it didn't seem to come up, strange I will look into that later.
    I have now updated it, many thanks to you both for your help.

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded and replaced my ajax.php with your file and I still get the same error. Could it be caused by the server setup? We are building a new store and just got our SSL installed an hour ago and I am trying it out for the first time.

It happens wherever I try to click on anything that requires SSL. For example, clicking on Sign In. Could the server guru's have done something wrong? Help.... This is way over my little perl experience head.... :)
    Last edited by bushpilot444; 13 May 2016 at 02:05 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot444 View Post
    I downloaded and replaced my ajax.php with your file and I still get the same error. Could it be caused by the server setup? We are building a new store and just got our SSL installed an hour ago and I am trying it out for the first time.

It happens wherever I try to click on anything that requires SSL. For example, clicking on Sign In. Could the server guru's have done something wrong? Help.... This is way over my little perl experience head.... :)
    Which ZC version are you running?

Also, can we have a link to the site please?