Plugin Contributions

bug [Done v155c] $product_type incorrectly set in admin/product.php

Using 1.5.5a. Pretty sure this bug has been around since 1.5.4, since I located it in a pre-upgrade file, too. I didn't see any obvious references to this, nor addressed in 1.5.5b changelogs, so hopefully it's not a repeat.

This bug only becomes evident when expanding product types. The only place $product_type is defined is within the case of "delete_product_confirm" action. I have several custom product types with custom delete_product_confirm and copy_to_confirm files. I couldn't figure out why it kept using the default copy_to file and thus not correctly copying my extra tables, but then after far-too-long, I realized that $product_type wasn't defined for the copy_to_confirm action.

product.php code:
    Beginning Ln19:

PHP Code:
      if (zen_not_null($action)) {
        switch (
    $action) {
          case 
    'setflag':
            if ( (
    $_GET['flag'] == '0') || ($_GET['flag'] == '1') ) {
              if (isset(
    $_GET['pID'])) {

zen_set_product_status($_GET['pID'], $_GET['flag']);
              }
            }

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES'cPath=' $_GET['cPath'] . '&pID=' $_GET['pID'] . (isset($_GET['page']) ? '&page=' $_GET['page'] : '') . ((isset($_GET['search']) && !empty($_GET['search'])) ? '&search=' $_GET['search'] : '')));
            break;

case 
    'delete_product_confirm':

$delete_linked 'true';
          if (
    $_POST['delete_linked'] == 'delete_linked_no') {

$delete_linked 'false';
          } else {

$delete_linked 'true';
          }

$product_type zen_get_products_type($_POST['products_id']);
            if (
    file_exists(DIR_WS_MODULES $zc_products->get_handler($product_type) . '/delete_product_confirm.php')) {
              require(
    DIR_WS_MODULES $zc_products->get_handler($product_type) . '/delete_product_confirm.php');
             } else {
              require(
    DIR_WS_MODULES 'delete_product_confirm.php');
             }
            break;
          case 
    'move_product_confirm':
            if (
    file_exists(DIR_WS_MODULES $zc_products->get_handler($product_type) . '/move_product_confirm.php')) {
              require(
    DIR_WS_MODULES $zc_products->get_handler($product_type) . '/move_product_confirm.php');
             } else {
              require(
    DIR_WS_MODULES 'move_product_confirm.php');
             }
            break; 
    I resolved the bug by moving the $product_type definition to right after the
    PHP Code:
    and changing it to....

PHP Code:
    $product_type = (isset($_POST['products_id']) ? zen_get_products_type($_POST['products_id']) : $_GET['product_type']); 
    Result:
    PHP Code:

$product_type = (isset($_POST['products_id']) ? zen_get_products_type($_POST['products_id']) : $_GET['product_type']); // Changed

switch ($action) {
          case 
    'setflag':
            if ( (
    $_GET['flag'] == '0') || ($_GET['flag'] == '1') ) {
              if (isset(
    $_GET['pID'])) {

zen_set_product_status($_GET['pID'], $_GET['flag']);
              }
            }

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES'cPath=' $_GET['cPath'] . '&pID=' $_GET['pID'] . (isset($_GET['page']) ? '&page=' $_GET['page'] : '') . ((isset($_GET['search']) && !empty($_GET['search'])) ? '&search=' $_GET['search'] : '')));
            break;

case 
    'delete_product_confirm'
    Not 100% if that's the best redefinition of the code, but it works in the instances I need it to. Mostly, $_GET['product_type'] seems to cover most instances. This will apply to all the product_HANDLER.php pages, afaik.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: $product_type incorrectly set in admin/product.php

Thanks for the detective work and the proposed solution.

While digging further, and with a view to helping resolve it for all product types, I opted to move that line out of the products.php file, into the prod-cat-header.php file, as shown here:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/1352/files

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.