Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Not all configuration groups being displayed

Version 1.5.5a (and 1.5.4). After upgrading from 1.3.9h…

Entries are not showing up in the Admin “Configuration” drop-down menu. Neither the Super Tracker plugin’s entry nor a customized entry show up. A manual check of the database shows that the entries are still there in the configuration_group and configuration tables (and the configuration entries are still correctly linked to the configuration group).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	configuration_missing_entries_2016-05-31.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	16389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebb_server.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	16388  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Not all configuration groups being displayed

What version of supertracker are you using??

All plugins must be registered to the admin for them to display
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Like kobra said, since you upgraded from Zen Cart 1.3.9h, your plugins' configuration settings need to be "registered" for the information to be displayed on the menu.

Is there an update to the Super Tracker plugin that supports Zen Cart versions 1.5.0 or later? That's the point in the Zen Cart base-code where the "registration" requirement came in.

Plugin Contributions

There is this FAQ about upgrading addons for compatibility with v1.5.x which may be able to get the plugin(s) listed, but doesn't address compatibility which may prevent operation.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Isn’t the Super Tracker plug-in/add-in a red herring? My own modification, is core code so essentially doesn’t have a version and I certainly don’t remember any “registration” process (however, it was several years before I got involved with the current upgrade to this site that I was involved with it (doing almost all the Admin-side modifications). Or am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There is this FAQ about upgrading addons for compatibility with v1.5.x which may be able to get the plugin(s) listed, but doesn't address compatibility which may prevent operation.
    Either your link needs the "https://" removing or there is a problem with how the forum handles the \[url\] tag. What I see when I hover over it, is “http://https//www.zencart.com/…” but I was able to copy and paste the link from the above quotation (while in the Quick Reply edit text area). I have changed the above quote by makings the URL “http://www…” instead of “https://www…” to see if that resolves the problem.

I shall read through that FAQ and see if it I spot an answer in it. Thanks for taking the time to post it.
    Last edited by JRGoold; 1 Jun 2016 at 01:46 AM. Reason: My reply replicated the problem. Attempted workaround.

Plugin Contributions

I read the FAQ linked to by mc12345678 (thank you). This appears to be a significant change (probably for the better). However, I have no idea of the mapping between the old way (ZC 1.3.9h) way of doing things and the new (1.5.x). That is, in the screen snapshot below, what configuration and configuration_group table columns map to which items in the Admin Page Registration? I will try and find the documentation, but that is sometimes difficult.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	admin_page_registration.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	16390

Plugin Contributions

That's why I suggested that you, first, check the plugin(s) that aren't displaying on the menus to see if they've been updated for Zen Cart 1.5.0 or later.

Plugin Contributions

Update

Last night I started following the documentation, code and database tables. I got things as far as having my menu item show up in the admin Configuration menu. I will follow this through until I get it working correctly. Since the addition is simply a matter of custom configuration settings, the original mainly used existing Zen Cart functionality (i.e. to set values for configuration settings), so this should not be particularly difficult.

I still do not quite understand the mappings from the configuration and configuration group tables to the current mechanism, but that looks like being a matter of reverse engineering.

I then suspended that work for a while to investigate SuperTracker. The original version that had been installed under ZC 1.3.9h was 1.0. It has since been updated to version 1.1, purely to make it work with ZC 1.5.x. I downloaded and installed it. It appears, as best I can tell, to be functioning all right (and the Admin Configuration and Reports menus have SuperTracker menu items in them).

So, the bottom line appears to be: Read this FAQ — https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...lity-with-v15x — which also alludes to the changes being required for core admin modifications.
    Last edited by JRGoold; 1 Jun 2016 at 08:33 PM.