Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v155b] Ampersands can't be edited correctly in categories - Fix included

I've been discovering recently that any of my categories with ampersands were getting messed up. The problem seemed to be that every time an ampersand was used it was translated to &. Then on subsequent edits it would translate to &.

This would cause problems viewing the category on the front end. And the only way around it was to repeatedly remove the added amp; to your category names.

I traced this down, and found htmlspecialchars to be the culprit. Specifically 'categories_name' was not being sanitized correctly in the _POST and as a result was being run through filterStrictSantizeKeys which has an htmlspecialchars in it.

I fixed this by adding 'categories_name' to line 198 like so:
    Code:
    $group = array('pages_title', 'categories_name', 'page_params', 'music_genre_name', 'artists_name', 'record_company_name', 'countries_name', 'name', 'type_name', 'manufacturers_name',
                   'title', 'coupon_name', 'banners_title', 'coupon_code', 'group_name', 'geo_zone_name', 'geo_zone_description',
                   'tax_class_description', 'tax_class_title', 'tax_description', 'entry_company', 'customers_firstname',
                   'customers_lastname', 'entry_street_address', 'entry_suburb', 'entry_city', 'entry_state', 'customers_referral',
                   'symbol_left', 'symbol_right');
    $sanitizer->addSimpleSanitization('WORDS_AND_SYMBOLS_REGEX', $group);
    Not entirely sure if that's the right place. But I do know it fixes this bug.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ampersands can't be edited correctly in categories - Fix included

Have you applied the latest bug fixes?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....29-with-v1-5-5
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yes.

But just to check, I installed 1.5.5a and then the latest trustwave security patch. This is the result of changing the Hardware category to Hardware & Stuff and then editing and saving a few times with no change.

Name:  Bugged.png
Views: 147
Size:  14.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

I noticed this has been fixed in the latest security patch release. If your having problems, re-applying the security patch with the latest code should fix it.

Plugin Contributions

I just did that and though it fixed the problem with titles, I have an ez page link index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15 that the & is being rewritten and breaking the link in the menu.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com