Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Login Page Error, WARNING: An Error occurred

Not upgraded.
    Not first cart.
    All was working fine last time I used Admin. Cart is running fine no problems or errors. Just I get this error now when I try to log in.
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again. No matter the retries no change.
    Check configure files. All looks good. Even changed password in configs and the DB user, check user rights all looks good.
    Enabled the Strict_ error_ reporting and got this.
    0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from CKsproject_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    As far as the cart goes it thinks the DB is fine.
    This was all working just fine?????
    I'm locked out of the admin portion of the cart till I resolve this.
    Ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login Page Error, WARNING: An Error occurred

Verify that DB_ related entries in includes/configure.php match admin/includes/configure.php. Looks like message says that can't get to the database.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

HI Mc12345678 & DrByte,
    Thank you for the reply. I had been looking at that link DrByte. Everything looks the same and correct. The stores cart is running and working perfect finds the products and no errors. Wouldn't DB problems affect its operations also? Don't get it I was able to login the last time and nothing has changed since then...???

Here is a log file
    [02-Jun-2016 12:36:19 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: 0B_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED :: select * from CKsproject_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' in /home/ckbarrymoresmark/public_html/CKSt0rE!/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 101

Very strange.

Plugin Contributions

Each side of the house (catalog and admin) have their own declaration of database to access. The store side can have one and the admin side another. Perhaps there is some "grander" reason to offer two independent means other than something with which to compare in the face of trouble, but if 1) they are different it is possible that there will be an error 2) the "second" one may see changes that the first would not. So it could be that previously information changed in the admin wasn't making it to the site but did appear to be functioning.

Anyways, I wandered. The question was if the DB_ information was wrong then wouldn't it affect operation. Well, right now my thought is that your catalog side (includes/configure.php) is working correctly but your admin side (admin/includes/configure.php) is pointing to something else that is inaccessible for one of the DB_ fields or another. If your admin side matches the catalog side in all cases of those entries then would suggest looking in admin/includes/local to see what files are present and how if at all they modify any DB_ entry.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

HI, You Guys are right on. Your explanation homed me in on which file to study. After looking intensely I found a missing punctuation mark that I must of some how deleted before I saved the file last time I edited weeks ago. Thus explaining why I could login last time and not this.
    Thanks again