Plugin Contributions

Default Order in PayPal, but nothing in Admin (PayPal Standard with IPN)

Not sure if there is were to post this issue. I am using PayPal Standard with IPN.

Last night I got an order. PayPal has the order, etc... But in ZenCart I don't see an order, see the customer but no orders linked to the customer.

I checked the IPN history and I see the IPN call back to my server and it says status 200(successful). I did a resent just in case something was missed and still nothing in Zencart.

I checked my Apache error logs and see nothing.

Not sure what to do next to recover/find the order and its details.

Thank,
    Mark.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order in PayPal, but nothing in Admin (PayPal Standard with IPN)

What's in the logs?

If logs aren't enabled, turn them on: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Logging-PayPal ... and then trigger the IPN again, or do a new purchase yourself.

Then look at the logs again in 5 minutes.
    Report back the errors found.

When you do a new sale (your own purchase from your own store), does checkout complete all the way to the end without blank screens, without errors, without anything odd/unusual/unexpected happening? You can't determine this if you don't go through checkout yourself, unless your customers are telling you about any problems. So, do a transaction and report back what happens.

It's been a very long time since I used PayPal Standard on a live site ... because Express Checkout is much more reliable than the old IPN approach built for the 90s ;)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok enabled debugging and had paypal resend. Belong is what I see in the log. So I assume the order was some how lost? I did put through a new test order and it worked fined.

IPN ERROR :: Could not find stored session {XXXXXXX} in DB; thus cannot validate or re-create session as a transaction awaiting PayPal Website Payments Standard confirmation initiated by this store. Might be an Express Checkout or eBay transaction or some other action that triggers PayPal IPN notifications.

PS I am hoping to change over to PayPal Express next week. Been testing it out with the other PayPal changes happening in June.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's possible that your store did process the IPN initially, and then cleared out the stored data related to it.

If it's still around in the db, you could try forcing it using this very-old unmaintained plugin: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the information. I installed the plugin and it works with 1.5.5a. But had to access the page direct as it doesn't show in the menu.

The order I was looking for is not in the list.