Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal error: 1048:Column 'value' cannot be null :: insert into sessions (sesskey

Was the store maintained online or was it put back in maintenance mode?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal error: 1048:Column 'value' cannot be null :: insert into sessions (sesskey

@mesnitu, now that you've captured that information, you should remove that trigger_error call from that file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Was the store maintained online or was it put back in maintenance mode?
    If you'd look at the code posted above, that log will be generated only when the site is in maintenance mode.

Plugin Contributions

@mesnitu, I just noticed that the log you posted had the session information, but no associated PHP error; that's what I'm looking for: a log that identifies the database error accompanied by that additional session-data.

Plugin Contributions

The site is online now....
    I stupid deleted the logs , but that was it , I've pasted the complete report....

If anything else cames up, I'll post it here.

Thanks
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    If you'd look at the code posted above, that log will be generated only when the site is in maintenance mode.
    Yes, that's what I would expect though not at the code to see where it actually got inserted, if it was applied (by choice) elsewhere, etc... The description was put online then got error which doesn't match the expectation. Especially didn't match the expectation of the trigger error being on line 97...... (if the store was back online.)
    Last edited by mc12345678; 4 Jun 2016 at 06:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Well, with the site now online, today I got 3 of this logs.

...nothing happens, but here they are.
    I've made a upgrade from 151 to 155.... perhaps its best to truncate this table ? Perhaps some "garbage" is there ?

Thanks

Code:
    [04-Jun-2016 23:04:24 Europe/Lisbon] 
    Request URI: /index.php?main_page=product_bookx_info&cPath=34_119&products_id=1692&zenid=5h5d8rl9dpq0ijuhajjuqbmtm5, IP address: 82.155.133.129
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:167]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:139]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:266]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/functions/sessions.php:69]
    #5  _sess_write()
    #6  session_write_close() called at [/home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/application_bottom.php:16]
    #7  require(/home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/application_bottom.php) called at [/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/index.php:105]

[04-Jun-2016 23:04:24 Europe/Lisbon] 
    PHP Fatal error:  1048:Column 'value' cannot be null :: insert into sessions (sesskey, expiry, `value`)
                values ('5h5d8rl9dpq0ijuhajjuqbmtm5', 1465079304, null)
                ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `value`=null, expiry=1465079304 ==> (as called by) /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 69 <== in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 167
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Circling back on this one.

Since a session is not normally created for spiders (under the control of Configuration->Sessions->Prevent Spider Sessions), if a store's SQL mode is set for STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, then the $val passed into the _sess_write function (present in /includes/functions/sessions.php) is going to be null when a spider's session has ended.

Examining the database class' bindVars method, using a string bindType can result in a null value being returned, which is a "bad thing" in this case, since the `value` field can't be null per the sessions database-table's configuration.

Code:
      function _sess_write($key, $val) {
        global $db;
        if (!is_object($db)) return;
        $val = base64_encode($val);

global $SESS_LIFE;
        $expiry = time() + $SESS_LIFE;

$sql = "insert into " . TABLE_SESSIONS . " (sesskey, expiry, `value`)
                values (:zkey, :zexpiry, :zvalue)
                ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `value`=:zvalue, expiry=:zexpiry";
        $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':zkey', $key, 'string');
        $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':zexpiry', $expiry, 'integer');
        $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':zvalue', $val, 'string');
        $result = $db->Execute($sql);

return (!empty($result) && !empty($result->resource));
      }
    I suggest changing that function to use the stringIgnoreNull type instead, since that bindType will always result in a quoted string:
    Code:
        global $db;

global $SESS_LIFE;

$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':zvalue', $val, 'stringIgnoreNull');

}

Plugin Contributions

Might want to flesh that out a bit. I tried your code with MySQL in STRICT_TRANS_TABLES mode and got a broken page with the error msg.

var-type undefined: stringIgnoreNull

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Circling back on this one.

Since a session is not normally created for spiders (under the control of Configuration->Sessions->Prevent Spider Sessions), if a store's SQL mode is set for STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, then the $val passed into the _sess_write function (present in /includes/functions/sessions.php) is going to be null when a spider's session has ended.

Examining the database class' bindVars method, using a string bindType can result in a null value being returned, which is a "bad thing" in this case, since the `value` field can't be null per the sessions database-table's configuration.

Code:
        global $db;

global $SESS_LIFE;

$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':zvalue', $val, 'string');

}
    I suggest changing that function to use the stringIgnoreNull type instead, since that bindType will always result in a quoted string:
    Code:
        global $db;

global $SESS_LIFE;

$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':zvalue', $val, 'stringIgnoreNull');

}
    I've been trying to understand this since I read it several hours ago. I'm guessing that some amount of testing went into it, but I've been having difficulty following the above discussion as I have tried to lay out below even if the solution stops the error that was reported/described.

Not sure if it's the description of how this occurs or the recommended solution that doesn't seem right, but if the $val of null is passed into _sess_write (as a non-string), then base64_encode(null) is going to error and $val is not going to get set, and presumably a different error message would result. If the incoming $val is "null" (as a string) then it would get base64_encoded and therefore the result would not include the preg_match string of NULL because it would be encoded and the storage of that encoded value would not cause an error because it would be a string.

The next thing is that in order for the bindVars function to see $val = "null" would be that the $val passed into the function would have to have been the base64_decode of "null" which is not the same as passing null into the _sess_write function (pointing out that the above describes the condition differently).

Working back from that (the fact that the $val going to bindVars would contain the text of 'NULL'), the val coming into the function would have to be base64_decode('NULL') (instead of just null as described above), which doesn't exactly make sense unless that is some sort of default behavior of the session not having been started.

The other thing though is that if SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE is set to true and a cookie becomes setable, then the session could be started and the whole spiders block thing doesn't do anything.

Why though would it be desired to save a null session value if the session was never started (assuming spiders are ignored and cookie use is not forced to true) and based on the expected action of not storing/maintaining a session and not expecting the session to be restored? Wouldn't the expectation be that both the read and write session code get rewritten to bypass that null condition/situation? In the write function before encoding the value take an action like, if $val == base64_decode('NULL') then return;

and on _sess_read add $value->fields['value'] != 'NULL' to the test of whether to base64_decode the value or not, though that would mean that the entire session got stored as 'NULL' rather than as an encoded series of data pairs using key | value similar to:
    Code:
    securityToken|s:32:"00000000000000000000000000000000";customers_host_address|s:12:"xx.xx.xxx.xx";ip_blocker_pass|b:0;cartID|s:0:"";cart|O:12:"shoppingCart":11:{s:8:"contents";a:0:{}s:5:"total";i:0;s:6:"weight";i:0;s:12:"content_type";b:0;s:18:"free_shipping_item";i:0;s:20:"free_shipping_weight";i:0;s:19:"free_shipping_price";i:0;s:14:"download_count";i:0;s:22:"total_before_discounts";i:0;s:22:"display_debug_messages";b:0;s:23:"flag_duplicate_msgs_set";b:0;}check_valid|s:4:"true";navigation|O:17:"navigationHistory":2:{s:4:"path";a:1:{i:0;a:4:{s:4:"page";s:12:"product_info";s:4:"mode";s:6:"NONSSL";s:3:"get";a:3:{s:5:"cPath";s:1:"0";s:11:"products_id";s:1:"3";s:5:"zenid";s:32:"00000000000000000000000000000000";}s:4:"post";a:0:{}}}s:8:"snapshot";a:4:{s:4:"page";s:12:"product_info";s:4:"mode";s:6:"NONSSL";s:3:"get";a:3:{s:5:"cPath";s:1:"0";s:11:"products_id";s:1:"3";s:5:"zenid";s:32:"00000000000000000000000000000000";}s:4:"post";a:0:{}}}language|s:7:"english";languages_id|s:1:"1";languages_code|s:2:"en";currency|s:3:"USD";today_is|s:10:"2017-01-07";updateExpirations|b:1;session_counter|b:1;customers_ip_address|s:12:"xx.xx.xxx.xx";
    I mean, I think I can see where the suggestion of using the ignore null version of bindVars could be a good idea, but I don't see that it was fully/accurately described in the previous message.

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Might want to flesh that out a bit. I tried your code with MySQL in STRICT_TRANS_TABLES mode and got a broken page with the error msg.

var-type undefined: stringIgnoreNull
    Do/did you have the appropriate version 1.5.5 of ZC installed? The datatype was added in 1.5.5a with preparation to transition to using 'NULL' in zen_db_input, but that was rolled back from version c to version d take 2 which was issued a few days after the first notification of version d.

in includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php there is a section within the function getBindVarValue() related to strings with the following:
    Code:
          case 'string':
            if (preg_match('/NULL/', $value)) return 'null';
            return '\'' . $this->prepare_input($value) . '\'';
          break;
          case 'stringIgnoreNull':
            break;
          case 'noquotestring':
            return $this->prepare_input($value);
          break;
    The first provides the results described as needing to be "undone".

Previously there were just two string related actions:
    Code:
          case 'string':
          break;
          case 'noquotestring':
            return $this->prepare_input($value);
          break;

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast