Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Why is my Contact Us Page blank?

Quick question as I am new to using Zen Cart. It appears that my contact us page has no form associated with it at all. I am wondering if there is an easy fix to add the form any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us Page

Check your logs folder for associate myDebug logs too see if there are any errors related too loading the contact us page
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

no there is nothing showing there its like the form disappeared all together

Plugin Contributions

Link to the affected page?

If you temporarily try the default template, does it return?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Link to the affected page?

If you temporarily try the default template, does it return?
    This the link. I am very new so any instructions I would need a bit of a step by step. http://canadianhuntingsociety.com/st...age=contact_us

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by canadianoutdoorsuppl View Post
    This the link. I am very new so any instructions I would need a bit of a step by step. http://canadianhuntingsociety.com/st...age=contact_us
    You definitely have an error condition. When visiting that page and then navigating to another the other page has a right side box layout that is not present while on the contact us page. This is known as a partial blank page.

Instruction for such a condition is found at this link: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

It is from that instruction that barco57 was referencing to look at your logs folder.

Now it appears that perhaps a few assumptions have been made, 1) is that you are using a version of ZC that is 1.5.1 or greater (I don't see any reference in this thread about what version you're using so if you could please identify that here and in future posts about issues you come across.) 2) is that includes/configure.php file has the correct information in order to log the error that is occurring.

So, if you have in fact reviewed the folder logs found at the base or root of your store and there are no zenDebug files, then the next thing to do is try to figure out why.

Possible causes are that either the permissions on the logs folder do not support writing to it.
    You are using an older version of ZC that instead logs to the cache directory.
    The includes/configure.php file path information is incorrect (or non-existent) for DIR_FS_LOGS. If you do post this file, be advised that you should obscure your specific credentials for your database (DB_ prefix related information). And to help those reading the file on the forum if you would please, press the # button in the message box toolbar before pasting the code. A similar review of your admin/includes/configure.php file will be asked for later, but let's deal with one at a time. Similar "protection" should be taken with it as well.

Plugin Contributions

Ok here are some of my responses as I learn that may line me up for some deserved ridicule.

1. I am running version 1.3.8 (I am guessing I need to do an update but will have to learn how)
    2. I found the cache but there were no documents relating to the contact page
    3. I tried to run a search through my file folders for something relating to contact page but did not find anything at all.

Thanks for your patience with me on this.

Plugin Contributions

In your admin goto tools>version/server info and see what version of php is running

also under tools>define pages editor, check the define_contact_us and see what content is there. If there is stuff there, copy it out and delete and save, check the contact us page and see if it loads.

..and yes, you need too upgrade or have someone upgrade it for you.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

PHP Version 5.2.17 (Zen 2.2.0

Zen Cart 1.3.8a

I went to the define page editor and the contact page is not showing up in the drop down I am guessing this is a big problem for me.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by canadianoutdoorsuppl View Post
    PHP Version 5.2.17 (Zen 2.2.0

Zen Cart 1.3.8a

I went to the define page editor and the contact page is not showing up in the drop down I am guessing this is a big problem for me.
    For every define_ file in your template override, a file of the same name should exist in the "parent" directory. At least that was so until recently I think... so just need to put a define_contact_us.php file in the html_includes directory (if I am remembering correctly).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast